i've just finish my build, but one thing is a bit sad

i've brought :

4 x LL 140

8 x LL 120

2 x Corsair commander pro

2 x CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub

1 x lighting node pro but i only use the led

everything except the led work.

I got one Corsair commander pro for my cpu with 6 ll 120, and the other have 2 LL120 for my gpu and 4 LL140 plus the led strip

at one point i've realised that i was using a 2 wire extention cable so i've added a third wire to it but it still doesn't work :(

And i can't set the "cpu" fans at the same speed even when i set a fixed speed, the curve is kinda working but still the fans will not be sync at the same speed

Press "f" to send help plz

Hello,

i've just finish my build, but one thing is a bit sad

i've brought :

4 x LL 140

8 x LL 120

2 x Corsair commander pro

2 x CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub

1 x lighting node pro but i only use the led

everything except the led work.

I got one Corsair commander pro for my cpu with 6 ll 120, and the other have 2 LL120 for my gpu and 4 LL140 plus the led strip

Can you show your iCue configuration? Did you set up the fans/strips on the appropriate channels?

at one point i've realised that i was using a 2 wire extention cable so i've added a third wire to it but it still doesn't work :(

This is flat-out, dead wrong and may damage components. Pin 1 on both the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro and the Fan Hub provides +5V power. On the fan hub, this is to provide power to the push-button controller for the SP and HD fans. On the NoPro/CoPro, this is to provide power to the strips. Two wires to three pins is the correct configuration.

And i can't set the "cpu" fans at the same speed even when i set a fixed speed, the curve is kinda working but still the fans will not be sync at the same speed

What are the "cpu" fans? How different are the speeds? How are they configured? Some variation in speeds is normal, even between two identical fans.

Can you show your iCue configuration? Did you set up the fans/strips on the appropriate channels?

My iCue config is vanilla, i haven't touch anything more than the lighting setup.

here are how everything is plug:

CoPro (1) have my 6 LL120 on my cpu rad (pull/push) and the fan rgb hub is plug in slot 1 on the CoPro.

CoPro (2) have my 2 LL120 on my gpu rad (pull/push) 4 LL140 for the case, and the fan rgb hub is plug in slot 1 on the CoPro, and the led strip is supposed to be on slot 2 (i've unpluged it in case)

This is flat-out, dead wrong and may damage components. Pin 1 on both the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro and the Fan Hub provides +5V power. On the fan hub, this is to provide power to the push-button controller for the SP and HD fans. On the NoPro/CoPro, this is to provide power to the strips. Two wires to three pins is the correct configuration.

Sorry if i've been misunderstood but this was for the led strips and they need 3 wires what i've done is take a CoPro extention cable and didn't realise that it was a 2 wires cable so i've added a third.

What are the "cpu" fans? How different are the speeds? How are they configured? Some variation in speeds is normal, even between two identical fans.

The cpu fans are the ones on CoPro (1) while 5 of them goes a 1700rmp on stay at 1500 rpm on "extreme" settings

Can you please include a screen shot of your iCue Lighting Channel configuration?

Regardless of how things are plugged in, you need to configure the Lighting Channel - iCue has no way of "knowing" which fans/strips are on what channel.

The LED strips will plug directly into the lighting channel. The RGB Strip package comes with string extension cables. It sounds like you have them reversed - if the 2 wire fan hub connection cable worked for you, then the RGB strips are plugged in backwards. The female end of the RGB Strips should be towards the lighting channel connection, not the male end.

And I'd suggest a custom fan curve for the "CPU Fans", not the "Extreme" default fan curve. The default curves for the Corsair coolers are fine but the default curves on the CoPro are pretty much useless. For the radiator fans, you can use the temp sensors on the CoPro and measure the exhaust temperature of the radiator to use for fan control. This will be withing about 0.5C of the coolant temperature so it'll be a really good proxy for that and absolutely the best variable for controlling your radiator temperatures (unless you have a temp sensor in the loop itself).

CoPro (1):

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2018/38/1/1537193773-cop.png

CoPro (2):

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2018/38/1/1537193778-cop2.png

no, 2 or 3 wires the strips never worked, i know that they come with extension cable but i got a big case so to have they centered i had to use all of them, then to plug it into the CoPro i was missing a extension cable so i've taken one given with the CoPro, but the ones given with the CoPro have 2 wires (i havn't realised at this time)i've pluged everything and then booted my pc.

Then i download iCue, setup my fans perfectly fine, go to setup the leds it doesn't work.

I go to some forums try things and see the comment of someone who have done the same mistake (use a 2wires extention cable).

So i shutdown my pc remove the side panels and added the third wire that was missing on the extention cable.

but it still doesn't work :(

And yes i've done it today, thanks for the advice

One of your screen shots shows the Lighting Channel with only fans configured.

Strips will be on a different channel than the fans. And you must specify strips and how many are on the channel for it to work.

At this point, I'm not sure how you have your cables connected and I'm not confident that it's correct (using the 2-wire cable for strips leads to backwards installation on the strips). But regardless of that, your lighting channels aren't configured correctly.

Yep, it's because there is only fan plug on this CoPro.

The strips are what you see in the second "channel" on CoPro (2) and there is 4 of them because that's what they give you with the lighting node pro

I've made a small schema to explain a bit better i have added a suggestion in it

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2018/38/2/1537277892-sans-titre.png

i can add pictures of my setup if you want.

Hey, hey!

Extension cables are for between LED strips. The strips will not work if you plug an extension cable into a Lighting Node Pro as a first connection.

Lighting Node Pro - LED Strip - Extension Cable - LED Strip ...

Hey, hey!

Extension cables are for between LED strips. The strips will not work if you plug an extension cable into a Lighting Node Pro as a first connection.

Lighting Node Pro - LED Strip - Extension Cable - LED Strip ...

No, that's not accurate. You can use the extension cable as the first in the line - I have 3 LNPs and 4 runs of strips connected this way.

However, it sounded like the OP used the fan hub connection cable (female-to-female, 3 pin header with 2 wires) as the first in the chain. THAT won't work, not at all.

The extension cable is female to male, 3 pins, 3 wires.

I am unable to get any of my Corsair strips to illuminate by connecting an extension cable into the LNP as a first connection.

The LED strips illuminate when connected directly to the LNP only.

I do not know which LNP I am using - the one from the 3-pack LL120s - or the LNP strip pack, but they would not illuminate at all for me if the extension cable was the first connection to the LNP.

I had no issues connecting an extension cable between the strips though.

Archived