Corsair Community

firmware update

John ov

Help please

How do I update my firmware on my voyager air 1, I have tried but no luck.

When I connect it via usb to pc I have no root folder, I only see folders with my films in?

Never updated it before, please help as I cant view my stuff via Wi-Fi

cheers

The root folder is the main folder of the drive (It's the first thing you see when you click on the drive). Disregard all the other folders you see.

1)Download the 2.0.17 firmware (this is important, you cannot update from 1.2.8 to 2.3.0). Unzip and carry the .pkg file over to the voyager air (you don't have to put it in any of the folders on the drive).

2)Use USB Ejector or the safely eject removal device option if available. If neither of these work (like in my situation). Simply shut down your computer.

3)Shut the device off, unplug the usb cord from the device. Plug in the power cord, and use the wall adapter that came with the voyager air. *NOTE MAKE SURE WIFI IS OFF ON THE VOYAGER AIR TOO*

4)Restart the device, wait about 15s. The wifi light should start blinking, wait about 3-5 minutes (or however long it takes).

You should now be able to connect using the ios or android app and update the firmware further from there.

Drag the firmware update file to the root folder of the VA and use the app or webpage to update it (Settings>Drive Firmware>Update) or connect the VA to the internet via wireless passthru or ethernet and update the firmware from the same area (Settings>Drive Firmware>Check>Update)

To access the webpage, connect your portable device to the VA's wireless network and type 192.168.77.1

If you have connected the VA to the internet via passthru or ethernet, the webpage can be access using the assigned IP for the VA from the modem/router.

If you still cannot update the firmware, put in a support ticket as Technobeard has mentioned.

Archived