Corsair Community

Corsair HX 1000

andrew84

Hi Guys i have 2 questions

1) I recently just purchased HX 1000 (today is the 3rd day using it after purchase) for my rig and i noticed there's once occasionally has a coil whine, im sure it's from the PSU because i put my ears directly behind the PSU grill, and the whine it goes off by itself out of sudden and then occasionally it cames back... It doesn't happens all the time.. just occasionally...the coil whine can be heard buzzing through my speakers as well when it happens. is this normal?

2) is it normal warm or slightly hot to the touch? by the touch (back panel) of it i guess it''s somewhere around 50c++ when gaming. my previous corsair RM750 series doesn't hot to the touch as it did on this HX 1000 unit..even when the system is idle it feels hot to the touch, when gaming it gets even more hotter. my room ambient temperature is around 23c...

Anyone owning this HX1000 unit or same series PSU can share some experience? im kinda worried getting lemon unit.

by the way last night the power button failed on me, can't believe it, when i switch off the power button it can't be turned off, bounced back to on. the power switch is broken. gonna bring to the shop and 1 to 1 exchange another set. just only 3rd day purchasing, i can't believe the QC is so this bad this time Corsair.

Archived