Corsair Community

TX750 Tries to spin, doesnt, then spins.

darksparten

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roo4wg0FXzQ

^Noise^

Basically when the temps get high enough the fan tries to spin, it makes that noise for a few seconds, and then starts spinning normally.

It's annoying because i alt-tab a lot and it happens everytime i get back in game.

Still it's way better than my old crackly CX750 and I thank you for that.

Any help?

It's totally silent when idling, like browsing, with the occasional chirp or grinding(very uncommon).

However when i start a game it'll make the grinding noise and then proceed to make beeping noises, it stops after a while, but after i alt-tab and go back into the game, it starts again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roo4wg0FXzQ

^Noise^

Basically when the temps get high enough the fan tries to spin, it makes that noise for a few seconds, and then starts spinning normally.

It's annoying because i alt-tab a lot and it happens everytime i get back in game.

Still it's way better than my old crackly CX750 and I thank you for that.

Any help?

I have exactly the same issue.

RAMGUY asked me to return it as he wants to test it. ARMA raised.

Nickjf20 had the same issue too.

During low workloads/idle/browsing, the PSU is super as the fan is off...in "fanless mode". Even when the fan eventually turns on, it's still pretty quiet. It's the in-between state when it is hesitating to turn on that the buzzing/grinding noise is heard. I have had mine for less than three months and it seems to be getting worse.

Also, does your PSU fan do power-on spin test ?

That is, when you first do a cold power up, does it spin up ?

That video is from my PSU and is normal. Once the fan begins to rotate should not be noise (at least rotate at high RPM). It would be a problem if the fan NEVER rotate, but in my case it works correctly. Here the only strange thing is that it costs the fan start, but it only takes a few seconds (in those seconds makes the noise that we know all).

Note: Every 20 minutes the fan turns on for a few seconds at high RPM and then off (even basic tasks and do not require the computer). This is normal I guess. Again, my source should work fine, because the fan rotates and in doing so no strange sounds.

• Corsair Employee

I have posted this many times and yes even on your thread LiptonICEI in fact it is from your thread LiptonICEI or did you have another issue?

Yes the fan will not come on till the CPU reaches about 49 Deg C internally which will happen at about 40% + Loan on the PSU, and the Voltages look spot on so you should be good to go.

Well it's getting worse now. It'll make that noise even when the fan isn't trying to spin on top of a weird buzzing.

This noise(both fan and buzzing) goes away momentarily when doing something, like when webpages load/posting replies but it comes back right after it finishes. also the noise goes away under usage(the fan starts to spin).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived