Corsair Community

Doubts about my new TX750

LiptonICEI

Hello friends,

My name is Marcos and I'm from Argentina. I traveled on vacation to the U.S. and bought from Newegg a new power supply: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 (click here to see the source I bought).

The product that I received is actually the Corsair TX750, but the model is CP-9020042-NA (click here to see the source I received). I wonder if I got a different source for reclarar or older or if this model is newer and updated.

As data, I want to say that sometimes, the fan does not work and sometimes lights. Is it normal?

Thank you very much for your time. I leave a picture of my case:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3082/56351051013123569931210.jpg

Greetings from Argentina. :o:

Marcos

The product that I received is actually the Corsair TX750, but the model is CP-9020042-NA (click here to see the source I received). I wonder if I got a different source for reclarar or older or if this model is newer and updated.

This is the newer model that has a fanless mode at low loads and temps. So if the fan does not spin all the time it is completely normal.

Hi, thanks for answering.

I was shocked today when I played FEAR and heard strange sounds coming from the power supply. I recorded a video so you can see and tell me what happens to my source, I would like to see it completely, especially at minute 2:14 to 2:54 (that's the sound you hear). Video below left you a description.

My video on YouTube for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NIbwSmPVmU

Each hour or half an hour, the fan starts spinning well (I think), but I have not recorded the twists and rather cool air strip. I could not record because the power supply is positioned down in my case and I can't see the fan as it brings a dust filter, but pulls fresh air. It happens rarely.

IMPORTANT: if you believe that my source is faulty, what do I do? I bought the U.S. and I live in Argentina, in a small town (not in federal capital). I hope all is well because if the source is faulty and will not change it for me. :( Sorry for my bad english, i use traductor.

I tell them that today I played FEAR with an ambient temperature of 36 degrees Celsius and the source has not made ​​any unusual noise. I played with my hand out the power supply fan (in my case is down) and felt cool air coming out, which means that the fan is working properly. I could not record because I did not see the fan, but threw cool air.

NOTE: I have some concerns regarding the video yet I uploaded earlier, especially at minute 2:14 to 2:54. Does that sound normal? did not happen today.

Hi, thanks for answering.

I was shocked today when I played FEAR and heard strange sounds coming from the power supply. I recorded a video so you can see and tell me what happens to my source, I would like to see it completely, especially at minute 2:14 to 2:54 (that's the sound you hear). Video below left you a description.

My video on YouTube for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NIbwSmPVmU

Each hour or half an hour, the fan starts spinning well (I think), but I have not recorded the twists and rather cool air strip. I could not record because the power supply is positioned down in my case and I can't see the fan as it brings a dust filter, but pulls fresh air. It happens rarely.

IMPORTANT: if you believe that my source is faulty, what do I do? I bought the U.S. and I live in Argentina, in a small town (not in federal capital). I hope all is well because if the source is faulty and will not change it for me. :( Sorry for my bad english, i use traductor.

Hello all,

I have just bought TX750 as well, and i have EXACTLY the same noise when gaming. I did not check visually the fan becuase it is inside the case and hard to see, but i get EXACTLY the same noise under strain! I also have a little buzzing sound from PSU while on desktop and moving my mouse???

Corsair, is this enough reason to go to the shop and ask for replacement??

Thank you!

Hello, I have only the sound when playing games that do not draw much power as "FEAR", try turning the fan only but does not. Moving the mouse I have no sound, no load the fan is turned off.

Today ran the Prime95 and Furkmark to stress the team and the fan turns right, then upload a video. Try these two programs to see if your TX750 turns the fan completely. I think in certain circumstances that do not require much load Just try turning the fan and causes that annoying sound. We are many who have this "problem", I guess it's normal. Corsair will tell.

I posted in another thread a while back but EXACTLY the same issue (sound!) on two Corsair power supplies (CX 750). I gave up returned and went with a different brand as I realized reading here that it appears to be an issue with the new models in general.

Yes. May not be a problem, maybe it's normal. Corsair should tell us why so many sources have this "problem". I uploaded a new video to YouTube, where you will see that when playing games on the computer moderately stressed (like "FEAR") tries to turn on the fan, but there is only shaking causing that sound. However, when you run "Prime95" and "Furkmark" the fan rotates normally, but it costs a little boot.

Turning typically causes no unusual noise, so I think that the "problem" occurs when trying to turn on the fan or maybe the integrated sensor is not good. The annoying thing is the noise caused when you try to turn.

Here the new video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roo4wg0FXzQ

NOTE: The fan does not rotate when you turn on the computer (hot or cold), do not know if this is important.

I think do not need RMA. Fan is good to run "Prime95" and "Furkark". Do not beep rare now, a few days ago. Only when playing games that do not need much to make the sound usually charge shown in the videos. My processor is just 95W and my graphics card (HD6870) only consumes 151W at full load, in more or the graphic card fan turns strong, only 60% and temperatures only reach 65 °C. When running Prime95 and Furkmar source and turns the fan pulls fresh air.

• 2 weeks later...

Ey guys! :(

Now it happens that when I move the mouse or surf the internet PSU hums, but not electric, I think it's the fan. I'm disable Since AMD 'Cool & Quiet', but continues the strange sound. Not strong, but enough to hear, since my computer is very quiet.

What should I do? I went to YouTube again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hadxAekPctI

Do I need an RMA or not? please write me, because I do not quite understand the use translator. I live in Argentina. I have one more query, the PSU was Purchased in the U.S. (Newegg), but my uncle bought it and have already Traveled. Me I can handle the RMA from Argentina? I need some documentation papers for purchase?

NOTE IMPORTANT: When the fan rotates during loading is not heard that sound, so I think it is the fan noise. Speakers make electrical noise (sort of interference that takes 1 or 2 seconds) when there is activity on the hard disk. This I realized after changing the motherboard. I don't know happened before, because my previous motherboard and processor fans had very loud and could not hear sounds.

THANKS!

Indeed, when I move the mouse, the fan moves very very very little and cause the sound. Not sure if it is a problem. The speakers make an electric sound. The fan works by subjecting the load source, meaning that ... doing well, but not right. It's all very strange. Not sure if it's my new motherboard that causes the problems. Electrical noise from the speakers is quite strong.

Archived