Corsair Community

HX1000i Randomly Cuts Power

Rumples

I just built a new computer and have a HX1000i. It is connected with Corsair Link and I also run EVGA's Precision XOC software with LED Sync. It worked fine for about a month with no issues. Starting recently, my computer loses power and then it reboots. At first this happened while I was playing a game and I thought it might be a cpu overheat issue.

I ran Prime95 for about 20mins with no issue so it wasn't a cpu overheat thing. Then I ran Unigine Heaven benchmark and in the middle of the test, my computer lost power. I thought maybe it's my graphics card overheating, so I ran the test again and monitored the temperatures for cpu and graphic card. Everything is normal, but the power shuts off again. After that, it started to cut power even doing normal non-heavy load tasks like web surfing.

I switched out for a different power supply and everything has been running stable. I looked around and read that there might be issues with EVGA's Precision XOC software. I switched back to the HX1000i without connecting to Corsair Link and it has not cut power anymore.

Is it really just an issue between Corsair Link and EVGA Precision XOC software? Or is there something wrong with the HX1000i power supply? Has anyone run into this type of issue?

When I built this PC last month, I was able to run Corsair Link and XOC together but did notice that sometimes Corsair Link could not get the information for the HX1000i until I close XOC's LED Sync or shut down XOC completely. I have also noticed in my Device Manager that sometimes the Corsair USBXp Driver is disabled. I am hesitant to shut down XOC since it also shuts down the fans on my GTX 1080 TI.

I am currently using XOC without enabling LED Sync for a day now and it seems to be stable now. I am not sure if LED Sync is causing the power cuts or if there is something else strange that is wrong with the power supply.

Ah, OK then. That would explain it.

I think what happens is that XOC tries to access the cooler pretty continuously ... and winds up blocking Link. It appears, at least in your case, this may have a ripple effect on other Link devices.

Question: Are your sure it's a power loss and not a BSOD? Current Windows versions just reboot on a BSOD.

It is a complete power loss. I have Windows set to not reboot automatically on system failure. The computer will just shutdown to no power, and then powers up and reboots into Windows. All lighting turns off when it happens so I am pretty sure it is not a BSOD.

So I guess it's not any problems from the HX1000i? Just a software conflict?

• 8 months later...
Sorry to necro this thread, but I posted in another thread you have helped me with DevBiker outlying some iCUE issues. My lastest post over there describes exactly what he is talking about here. Does MSI Afterburner have the same potential conflicts? I am looking at my HX1000i as the possible culprit.

Archived