Corsair Community

H80i or H75

john909

Hello.I am thinking of replacing my old and trusty H50 with either H80i or H75 for the purpose of experimenting on O/C my i7-2600K over 4.5GHz - at 4.4Ghz H50 is marginally efficient.

Thing is that H80i while it seems superior on paper (thicker radiator, corsair link support) and is at a very attractive price (89€) has some reports of problematic behaviour, with the infamous "buzzing sound" of the pump being the most common.On the other hand H75 is a new product with only a few reviews here and there, but with no major issues reported so far.Price wise it seems a bit overpriced though (79€).

To my opinion Asetek solutions seem to be more reliable (or at least with less problems reported) than CoolTek's.My two H50s have proved it to me so far.

So here comes the question: which one should I go for? Most capable (on paper) and worth for its value but risky to deal with issues H80i, or the newer and more expensive H75?

Any opinions, recommendations even disagreements are welcome.:sunglasse

Thank you.

Thing is that H80i while it seems superior on paper (thicker radiator, corsair link support) and is at a very attractive price (89€) has some reports of problematic behaviour, with the infamous "buzzing sound" of the pump being the most common.............

So here comes the question: which one should I go for? Most capable (on paper) and worth for its value but risky to deal with issues H80i, or the newer and more expensive H75?

Is that strictly true tho? Given the number of units sold the number of complaints/RMAs is miniscule. and well inside I would consider a 'problem'.

I've now installed 24 H100i's and 17 H80i's with only one RMA (a couple of noisy fans).

Performance-wise don't knock the Hydro's. I have no experience with the H75 so I can't comment on that, just want to make you feel easier about the choice.

Archived