Corsair Community

How do I replace a 600T fan controller?

.Griff.

(Seeing as my last post was deleted, thanks for that by the way, I'll try again)

I purchased a Corsair 600T SE five months ago but two weeks ago the fan controller stopped working. After spending two weeks chasing tech support, being ignored, and generally given the run around a brown cardboard box arrived this afternoon with the following inside -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/griff_90/00468af8.jpg

No documentation, no instructions, nothing at all.

What exactly am I meant to do with it? Rip apart from five month old case and replace the PCB myself?

• Corsair Employee
We've replied to your case in TSX with some basic instructions. We truly apologize for this, we're working on better instruction manual on how to change the fan controller. Thank you.

Hi,

Recieved exact same package as Griff, Got the controller as shown in the box as the picture above shows. Please send me instructions as soon as possbile. I should not have to be doing this in the first place imho. After I sent you a message on this forum I got sent this package straight away via UPS which was a impressive response, I just dont understand why my RMA took over 2 months as I was constantly emailing them to send this. Atleast I got it though and thank you for that.

Thanks.

1.) To replace the fan controller. First you need to remove the front, back and then the top panel.

Check this video:

2.) Once you have access to the top panel, you'll see 3 screws holding the I/O panel + fan controller. Unscrew them, after that take off the fan controller knob, unscrew the 1 hidden screw beneath it.

3.) Slide out the faulty fan controller and replace it with the new one. Put back all the stuff and you're done.

I hope this will help.

• 1 year later...

Sorry, the search I did didn't list everything. After posting this I saw many more with this problem. The question has been asked, are these replacement Fan Controllers better than the ones originally installed?

I see the last post for bad Fan Controllers for the 600T Case was 05/2012. Is this true?

I just had mine go bad and one is being sent to me. As I was going through the forums this seems to be the last post on this?

Did I miss something or are the Fan Controllers that are being replaced better than the originals?

Archived