Corsair Community

After Getting RGB Mousepad All USBs Randomly Disconnect

bowsette

I have a Corsair K65 RGB, a Corsair M65 Pro, Corsair Vengeance LED ram if that matters, and recently a new RGB mousepad (MM800) and only when I have iCUE open, it will randomly disconnect all USBs. It isn't a consistent thing, it might happen between 5 minutes or a few hours. Is there any fix for this?

There was another user with a similar issue.

What helped wound up being rearranging the devices on ports and putting the MM800 on a USB 3 port. My working theory was that the USB hub was drawing too much current. USB 3 provides for more current than USB 2 does - almost double in fact.

There was another user with a similar issue.

What helped wound up being rearranging the devices on ports and putting the MM800 on a USB 3 port. My working theory was that the USB hub was drawing too much current. USB 3 provides for more current than USB 2 does - almost double in fact.

I have tried this and it still does not disconnects - even more frequently it seems.

What do you have on your USB ports?

Break it down ... all devices. On what ports. Look at the devices in Device Manager ... by connection.

Many folks seem to think that they can plug in USB devices willy-nilly. You can ... kinda. You do have power limitations. And more USB devices are drawing more power than they used to.

What do you have on your USB ports?

Break it down ... all devices. On what ports. Look at the devices in Device Manager ... by connection.

Many folks seem to think that they can plug in USB devices willy-nilly. You can ... kinda. You do have power limitations. And more USB devices are drawing more power than they used to.

All my USB hubs are full so my only option was to plug my mouse into my mousepad

Corsair K65 RGB

Corsair M65 Pro - Plugged Into Mousepad

Corsair MM800C - USB 3.0

Linksys WUSB6100M - USB 3.0

Blue Snowball Ice USB Microphone

Insignia Bluetooth USB Adapter

Sandisk Cruzer Blade 32GB USB Drive

Archived