The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 10:22 AM
charbel1011's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990807
charbel1011 Reputation: 10
Default Why this is happening?

So i noticed some mouse lag lately coming when i open certain programs and one of them is the ICUE. So i did some troubleshooting to fix the program but nothing worked. I tried to reinstall windows, even taking my old hard drive out and install a new ssd instead thinking my old hd is dying, but that wasn't the case. and something to notice is after reinstalling windows and all my drivers including my nvidia drivers the problem goes away, and then come back later. the lag happen when i open the icue and then when i close it the lag vanish. so today i think i figured what was causing all this lag. i opened my task manager to see the icue is using my gpu like it says next to it GPU 0-3D. and when the lagg occur the gpu 0 3D stops which means the gpu is not utilizing the icue anymore which is causing the lag. Why my gpu is dropping icue like that and not keeping on utilizing it?
Old 01-21-2019, 01:05 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990838
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Hard to say - I've got the same GPU and haven't had that issue.
As for why iCUE uses the GPU ... it's based on OpenGL. So maybe you've got something else using (and hanging) the OpenGL subsystem??

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.