Corsair Community

Twisted Different Lighting Effect on Startup

KROSKI

So after updating to the latest version of Corsair Link, my computer displays a new lightning effect on startup, before the software is able to launch. I really enjoy this lightning effect, and would like to set it permanently but I can't find it anywhere in the settings. (every time the software launches my lightning effects change to rainbow wave). The only way I have found to keep this lightning effect is to kill the process for corsair link before it is able to initialize.

(THIS IS A OLD THREAD BUT NOBODY ANSWERD WHAT TO DO WITH COMMANDER PRO,

so my question is , can i get a link for dowgrading my COMMANDER PRO to the version when the light effects stay permanent

Don't run Link at startup. It's a checkbox.

Well i did not ask How to not run it on start. ALL THE TIME WHEN THE APP ISNT RUNNING MY LIGHTNING EFFECTS ISNT THE EFFECT I WANT.

so if link not run on the start my effects will never be what i want. Read next time before comment:evil:

You're describing hardware lighting (the effects showing before ICUE starts) and the lighting effects after ICUE loads.

1. Open ICUE, select the Commander Pro and open the "Lighting Channel" (might be 1 or 2 or you may have do this to both if both are configured).
  2. You should see what lighting effect that are configured for the channel BUT you will also see an entry "Lighting Hardware". Click on Lighting Hardware.
  3. I here you'll see what effect is set up and used when ICUE isn't running. Duplicate this effect back to the main Lighting channel area.

PS. To DevBike's defence, he did read your post. You stated you enjoyed the lighting effects prior to ICUE launching so he simply informed you how not to have ICUE launch automatically.

You're describing hardware lighting (the effects showing before ICUE starts) and the lighting effects after ICUE loads.

1. Open ICUE, select the Commander Pro and open the "Lighting Channel" (might be 1 or 2 or you may have do this to both if both are configured).
  2. You should see what lighting effect that are configured for the channel BUT you will also see an entry "Lighting Hardware". Click on Lighting Hardware.
  3. I here you'll see what effect is set up and used when ICUE isn't running. Duplicate this effect back to the main Lighting channel area.

PS. To DevBike's defence, he did read your post. You stated you enjoyed the lighting effects prior to ICUE launching so he simply informed you how not to have ICUE launch automatically.

well thanks is there anyway to do this in Link? (LInk does have prettyer effects than icue have on both led strips and LL fans)

Like if i install icue anddo that thing and then unistall icue without delete my saves and install link again . should that work?

No, hardware lighting (for the CoPro anyway) was only introduced about 2 versions ago with ICUE. I don't know what happens when Link takes "ownership" of the CoPro. You'll have to experiment with that :)

well thanks , now its solved and i have no idea how i would close this thread

Archived