Corsair Community

Corsair HS50 Mic not working

MeowCats

I just bought the Corsair HS50 Gaming Headset. The headphones (sound output) works, but the microphone (sound input) does not. It does not show up in sound settings, control panel, or device manager. I tested it on my phone, and both the headphones and mic work there. I tried installing Corsair's iCue software, but that did not recognize it. I am on a laptop with one headphone/microphone combo jack, and the headset uses a combo jack (with a splitter included). I am not sure what is wrong, but I hope you can help.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
I recently bought a certified refurbished Corsair HS50 and experienced the same problems. The audio works, but the mic is not recognized. I attempted nearly the same process of troubleshooting to no avail. I worry that perhaps the headphone port isn't dual input/output as advertised and need to resort to a USB adapter. Hope this post can get more attention and arrive at a solution.

I'm having the same issue, with the same headset.

I think this product doesn't use iCUE. I tried everything google has to offer to fix the mic, but mine doesn't pick any sound at all. The only thing I didn't try was to update the product's driver since Corsair's own site doesn't have a HS50 driver download available.

I use the same headset(Corsair HS50). It works 100% fine on my old PC using the splitter but I recently got a new laptop(Dell G7). Only problem is there is only the one combo jack on it and my mic isn't getting recognised. If i tap on my headset it seems to transmit that audio even if I unplug the microphone from the headset, not quite sure what's going on there. Anybody have a fix to get my recognised.

I use the same headset(Corsair HS50). It works 100% fine on my old PC using the splitter but I recently got a new laptop(Dell G7). Only problem is there is only the one combo jack on it and my mic isn't getting recognised. If i tap on my headset it seems to transmit that audio even if I unplug the microphone from the headset, not quite sure what's going on there. Anybody have a fix to get my recognised.

Sadly this mic doesn't seem to have a fix, as no one found a way to get it working again. May I ask, what OS do you heave in each of the machines you mentioned?

I ask because my guess is that if Corsair could give us an updated driver to the mic, it might just work again in the windows 10; it was the only solution to this problem that I searched, but could not try.

Sadly this mic doesn't seem to have a fix, as no one found a way to get it working again. May I ask, what OS do you heave in each of the machines you mentioned?

I ask because my guess is that if Corsair could give us an updated driver to the mic, it might just work again in the windows 10; it was the only solution to this problem that I searched, but could not try.

On my old PC I was on Windows 8.1 Home and on my laptop I'm on Windows 10 Home. Good suggestion, hopefully they can release updated drivers so I won't need to buy new headphones.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...