Corsair Community

VOID USB Mic & Sound issues.

danver

I got it from 2 days and im really thinking to return it...

My mic does some extrange things.

Sometimes it sounds like R2D2, it is annoying when u are trying to talk someone on ts and then sound like that... some times it solves just rebooting, but not always.

Other times doesnt work, and i have to reboot again.

The left headphone dont stop to emit a buzzing sound, all time, playing sound or not. It do not mind when u are on a game or something cause you barely heard it but when u are iddle on windows... just make me crazy.

i dont know if its a faulty unit or just thats the way it is, i just want to know if that are known issues that are going to be fixed or may i have to find different one headset.

Thank you

i hear the buzzing all time, no matter what programs i have open or volume level, even with windows running on clean boot, i tried with diferent usb ports (usb 2.0 and 3.0) and still having the same issues, i only tried in my machine which have windows 10, tried with Windows Update to autoinstall drivers, manual instalation of drivers and no CUE and manual drivers + CUE, always getting the same issues.

USB should not be the problem because my older headset used it too and had no issues.

Now have another issue what i have already seen on the forum, which is that windows could not reproduce sounds on the device and have to restart.

• 3 weeks later...
i forgot to response here, i did RMA with my local reseller (Sent monday and tuesday i got the new one), they didnt provide me an RMA number to give it to you even when i asked for it, the no-sound issue is gone but still getting the robotic mic issue and now sometimes on youtube audio does an extrange noise for a couple of seconds, i think that all the problems are just drivers and CUE. Hope to get fixed soon because when u try the Void there's no way to go back ;)

im on windows 10 pro 64 bit and I have no issues like that. this is strange. Just going out of the blue here but are u using the wireless ones or direct input usb? And if you turn on source monitor/sidetone is r2d2 still coming through? or is it only when you are txing (pressing the talk button)

its the usb version, robotic mic still happens no matter what settings or modes are using, but now i know how to fix it without rebooting, just disable and enable the mic on windows audio devices. Hope to be fixed soon, driver issue 100%.

• 2 months later...

Hi I had the same issue with my VOID RGB Wireless, my voice sound like a fake droid of star wars. I resolve this with this settings:

First I disable "Listen this device" in properties of record devices (view pic)

Second I change the quality of the format to "channel 1, 16 bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality)

And the robotic mic is gone and my voice hears great.

(Sorry for the English)

Captura1.JPG.df46f54a2b7d2442e08eb4b5d46e411c.JPG

Captura2.JPG.21193ac75dcee1d902e5ab67b7ecccaf.JPG

Captura3.JPG.d3061e628ed8c65f5b0151e4ca37b2ab.JPG

Archived