Corsair Community

My K95 turned into a brick after just 3 months of use

KlintusFang

Is this normal?? i loved my k95 keyboard for the 3 months that it worked. but just 3 months after purchase it just stopped working. I have tried plugging it into every USB port of every desktop and laptop computer that I own, and it simply doesn't function any longer at all. No light comes on anywhere on the keyboard when it is plugged in, none of my computers on any of their USB ports even detect a device is plugged into the USB port when I plug the keyboard in.

It is literally nothing more than an expensive brick with a non-functional USB capable sticking out of it.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I have to say that at no point in my 30+ years working with computers have I ever owned a keyboard that simply completely ceased to function 3 months after purchase. I'm greatly disappointed and unimpressed. it was a beautiful keyboard until it became non-functional.

I probably should phrased that differently. the more pertinent question is whether its typical... It is not the only thing defective about the keyboard either. Some of the LEDs behind the keys blacked out after the first month of use as well. :-(

I will look into an RMA, but if corsair isn't willing to foot the bill for the shipping I'm not sure its worth it. I've already paid a lot for this. I'm not sure paying more is worth it.

I will let the RMA process play out and see what happens. Thank you.

Honestly, the calculation I am making right now is: do I add to the price of this keyboard by shipping it back to them. Or do I cut my losses and go back to the companies I usually get me keyboards from.

I'll decide that after they process my ticket and tell me what the RMA process is going to be.

Archived