Corsair Community

Asus Rampage II extreme and TR3X6G2000C8GTF

adamwhite

hello,

i tried lots of bios settings all leads to system hang after a cold boot, i dont think i have a cold boot issue with my motherboard, cause if i set the ram on 1866 MHZ and everything on Auto i dont experience any cold boot issue, the system always hang on ( DET DRAM ) after a cold boot and setting of the ram above 1866 MHZ, i tried the XMP profile and it still hangs on DET DRAM.

Had some errors on memtest in the first using memtest 2.11 on test 7 but after replacing the first dim slot to the 3rd one everything is fine now and the problem is solved but still experiencing that hang from a system cold boot and instability using OCCT

the system never hang when i make the ram on 1866 or slightly higer with all volts on auto and everything else

and i have the latest bios 1406

i am kindly just asking for a tried bios setting for the same exact setup i have ( i7 920 D0 and 2000 mhz cas 8 with R2E )

a full bios setting of both cpu and ram to get it stable at advertised speed =2000 MHZ CAS 8

thanks in advance for your help

• Corsair Employee
The I920 might not be able to run these at 2000 MHz but I would try and load setup defaults then enable XMP and then set the QPI Voltage to 1.6-1.7 Volts and see if that will solve the problem.

well i am having another problem now which is that what i think is that:

the dominator fan spin at high rpm when i first start my pc because at then the bios isnt fully loaded yet but after a second the fan rpm speed goes down to where i made the settings at when the bios settings get loaded

where i made the fan on standard speed from the bios setting in order to decrease the noise

with time i find the readable ram is only 4 gigs out of 6 where i think that the vibration caused by the dominator fans make it go out of place where I have to uninstall the dimms and reinstall it again, how can i avoid that problem ? thanks

replace only the fan or the whole kit ( ram + fan ) ?

ok i will have more testing, i will test each module alone and run memtest on each dim alone,

also i will try to run the ram without the fan for days and see if the problem still happens

i need to make sure of the problem before any RMA,

Do you recommend any other program to test my ram ?

thanks

after couple of tests and watching the ram closely, trying the ram without the fan and the problem still happen. so its not the ram fan that is causing the problem.

i used to have the system hang after a cold boot when i set the ram above 1866 mhz ( 2006 mhz for example ) but now the problem have changed to be that the pc actually boot after a cold boot but only reading 4 gigs out of 6, and that only happens with a cold boot and what i mean with cold boot is when i switch of my PSU from the back switch and shut down the pc completely and then back on.

when the problem happen i just shut down the pc but without switching off the back switch of the psu and then back on and it read the whole 6 gigs again ( 6136 mb of ram ).

i dont know really about the problem, could it be the ram ? the mobo or the PSU ? i really need help

thanks

Archived