Corsair Community

Display Port

Quatoria

Firstly, I posted this last night but it never made it to the forum and doesn't register as one of my posts. So apologies if some of this is replicated when that post turns up.

I recently purchased a Corsair one pro elite. the brand new i7 8700 model. I also got an Acer predator G sync monitor. I also updated windows 10 home to pro. (just prefer the security and control extras)

Since I set it up I have had a lot of problems getting it to display correctly. So over two weeks following various threads and forums of Nvidia and Windows 10. I have uninstalled G force, uninstalled and reinstalled the GFX drivers, worked through windows 10 to set aspect ratios and output Hz of the monitor. Made sure it is within range. I have turned off services that are said to affect display and that is just the operating system.

For each game I have had to try and tweak them one by one, some are borderless windows, some windowed mode, some Vsync on or off etc. Games range from CS:GO to vermintide 2. Some still don't work.

I have also tried new cables, using adaptors and even different lengths of cables. The basic result is that the screen flickers then goes into power save.

Then when talking to a fried they suggested using a different port.

I did that and now use the top display port. Everything works fine. The top one can handle 165 hz. the middle one (above the HDMI) can only handle 59 hz.

Now I know the problem I can replicate it very easily by swapping the cable, and then two seconds later the monitor turns off because I have the GFX set to 165 Hz

Is this normal as I now have little confidence in the computer being built correctly. I am not aware of any GFX card I have ever owned having downgraded ports.

This is also limiting my options of getting the new Vive because that uses Display ports.

• Corsair Employee
Firstly, I posted this last night but it never made it to the forum and doesn't register as one of my posts. So apologies if some of this is replicated when that post turns up.

I recently purchased a Corsair one pro elite. the brand new i7 8700 model. I also got an Acer predator G sync monitor. I also updated windows 10 home to pro. (just prefer the security and control extras)

Since I set it up I have had a lot of problems getting it to display correctly. So over two weeks following various threads and forums of Nvidia and Windows 10. I have uninstalled G force, uninstalled and reinstalled the GFX drivers, worked through windows 10 to set aspect ratios and output Hz of the monitor. Made sure it is within range. I have turned off services that are said to affect display and that is just the operating system.

For each game I have had to try and tweak them one by one, some are borderless windows, some windowed mode, some Vsync on or off etc. Games range from CS:GO to vermintide 2. Some still don't work.

I have also tried new cables, using adaptors and even different lengths of cables. The basic result is that the screen flickers then goes into power save.

Then when talking to a fried they suggested using a different port.

I did that and now use the top display port. Everything works fine. The top one can handle 165 hz. the middle one (above the HDMI) can only handle 59 hz.

Now I know the problem I can replicate it very easily by swapping the cable, and then two seconds later the monitor turns off because I have the GFX set to 165 Hz

Is this normal as I now have little confidence in the computer being built correctly. I am not aware of any GFX card I have ever owned having downgraded ports.

This is also limiting my options of getting the new Vive because that uses Display ports.

That port is converted hence why you couldn’t get 165hz on that one port.

Archived