Corsair Community

Asrock Extreme 4 Z68 motherboard and 32Gbs RAM

Froozeball

Dear Ramguy,

I know that my Asrock Mobo is an older model, and their compatibility list wasn't able to take into account the release of 32GB memory kits.

In your infinite wisdom (sorry - the "butter" for the morning as it were.. ;)) do you know if said Mobo would be compatible with Corsair's offerings?

For example the : CMZ32GX3M4X1866C10 product?

Please to advise ...

Thanks in advance,

F.T.

tang_f6@hotmail.com

The compatibility lists are rarely if ever updated and there were no 32 gig kits when that board came out.

But,Yes, that kit would be compatible with that MB.

Just keep in mind that your CPU only supports a max speed of 1333mhz and you may or may not be able to run the memory at 1866mhz depending on the strength of the memory controller in your CPU. Most of the Sandybridge CPU's should be able to run them at 1866mhz , but when overclocking there are no guarantees.

Dear Peanutz94,

Thank you for the advice and help!

Yes - the 32gb kits weren't around so I had fears that the board would not reliably support that type of RAM upgrade.

As for OC'ing, I hear you. I haven't crossed into those realms just yet.. Will definately keep it in mind once I do start to dig around "under the hood" and play with the settings and options.

Thanks again. You ROCK! :D

.f.

Yes - the 32gb kits weren't around so I had fears that the board would not reliably support that type of RAM upgrade.

That would be up to your board and CPU. But as far as the memory itself is concerned it will be reliable. Whether your board or CPU is up to that task may be a different story. All you can do is try it and find out.

As for OC'ing, I hear you. I haven't crossed into those realms just yet..

If your using 1600mhz or 1866mhz memory then you indeed would be overclocking your memory. Or the memory controller in the CPU to be exact. As I stated above your CPU supports 1333mhz max. So running memory higher than that is overclocking. Whether you use the XMP profile which is just a one click solution to overclocking , or setting them manually.

Thanks again. You ROCK! :D

NP, hope i helped some!

Archived