Corsair Community

ALT-TAB with application profiles

nignignig

Thread title says it all, I think. When trying to alt-tab out of an app that has a non-default profile assigned to it (using the "Link profile to program" function), holding down Alt/Win to try to cycle through open windows doesn't work at all, the selection window disappears and focus is immediately transferred to the next window in the stack in the case of Alt+Tab or not at all in the case of Win+Tab.

So far I've experienced this behavior with Left Alt+Tab, Right Alt+Tab and Win+Tab, I haven't tried any other combinations. These profiles worked fine before the 1.5.108 CUE/1.2 firmware updates, I even tried assigning stock profiles with no lighting effects/custom assignments to various apps and was able to replicate this behavior.

With this new build of CUE, alt-tabbing whilst in a program that uses its own profile causes the alt key to be reset.

For example, if Chrome has its own profile, and you alt-tab while in Chrome, the task switcher appears. When the task switcher appears, the profile swaps and the alt key's status is reset. This causes the task switcher to disappear and makes it impossible to switch to other tasks correctly.

I've replicated this problem: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140441

This is a defect with profile switching in automatic profile switching mode, alt-tabbing works fine when profiles are selected manually or unlinked from the app. It's not a hardware defect since the problem still pops up if I assign Alt and Tab to different keys.

Archived