Corsair Community

Adding fans to side panel

MonsieurAlec

Hi, I'm quite new to building pcs. I bought one already built, but now what I want to do is adding 4 120mm fans to the side panel of my Graphite 600T. I changed the glass window to a mesh panel, included with the case. It has many rubberized holes in it, for the screws I guess. I've planned to buy these fans since they are cheap. What I want to know is how will I be able to fix them onto the panel and how am I going to power them? As far as I know, they have 3 pins connectors, where do I insert them? I doubt there would be enough connectors on my motherboard (Asus P8Z77-V PRO) for another 4 fan cables.

I need your advices guys!

Thanks

the fans come with mounting screws, as for power you could daisy chain a molex cable from your power supply as the fans also come with a 4 pin molex that connects too the small 3 pin on the fan. my advice on those fans though is look for something else as those are very loud fans

I have a 650d case with mesh side panel. which is fitted with the 200mm fan that came fitted to the top of the case. I have had to use some washers in between the fan and the mesh panel to space it out. I did this because the fan would sometimes catch on the panel.

one large fan is a good idea thenosbod. thats what I would do if I had that case. way better than 4 loud fans as the bigger the fan the less noise. in my case anyway my 140's make less noise then my 120's, I use all Noctua fans though.

well any fan can be quiet if you use a fan controller to reduce voltage to the fan which in turn will also slow it down, some fans come with inline resistors so you wouldn't need a controller, and some fans (Antec) have a 3 speed switch attached too the fan. so anyway most fans will be loud at full speed if they have a high rpm at full speed, I really can't suggest a fan for you with your price range, I am a hardcore Noctua fan user as I have 3 of their 120mm and 2 of their 140mm and a cpu cooler of theirs with a 140mm on it and they are all running at full speed all the time and are very quiet, yes they are exspensive but I shopped around and bought from more than one online retailer. your first choice of the cooler master are not that bad for noise, they were just a bit much for me but I am picky. also if you go with 140mm or bigger they are very quiet, I think you can modify the side mesh and mount a large 200mm on the case but I am not positive. my Noctua 120mm fans are 22db at full speed which is more then the cooler master but the problem I had with the cooler master is they had a high bitch whine too them and the Noctuas even though rated at 22db don't seem to have any odd sounds that bother me, so I say try the cooler masters as your ears can be different than mine.

Hi, I found these fans for a fair price on the net, they seem alright (especially for a not-OC'ed rig). I'm actually looking for more fans because my 580 GTX gets as high as 79 (max) and I find it annoying.

Now I need your help for understanding how I am going to connect them to my case (I'm a noob when it comes to wires, motherboard and PSU). These fans work with 3 pins connectors. Where do I plug them? Into my motherboard? I don't know if it can support another 4 cables (I already have 2 fans inside my computer). Oh, and should I get a grey thingy to put inside my mesh panel in order to prevent dust or is it merely useless (my room is dust free anyway).

Thanks for the support, please provide straightfoward directives.

Archived