Corsair Community

Issues with h150i PRO PWM controller

lucascaju

I recently bought the h150i PRO and I was hoping to pair with the NF-F12 IPPC PWM fans, since the cooler is PWM ready, but I having problems. I used to use these fans with the h100i GTX, without problems. My issue is that using the iCUE (3.6.109) the fan controller is not working properly. Using the % mode does not put the at the desired speed. For example, if I put the at 99% the RPM is about 1400, but pushing to 100% goes to 2000 which is correct, since the noctua fans have 2000 RPM max speed. Using 80% the fan goes to 1200 RPM instead of 1600, and with 50% the fans are around 400 - 500 RPM. So the controller is completely wrong. I tried the PWM mode and also shows the same issue. I thought that even if the ML fans are rated at 1600RPM PWW, wouldn't be a problem using different fans. All fans are connected to the cooler fan splitter. I double checked all connections, SATA, USB etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I checked multiple things and to me definitely it is not an energy thing, because all fans can reach 100%. I also tried to put another splitter on the cooler splitter without success. Using the ML fans this problem doesn’t happens which shows that my cooler is fine. To properly control the speed, I had to test each % to see what speed the fans actually goes. I don't have any other monitoring software besides MSI AfterBurner running.

This has come up before and, actually, very specifically with Noctua fans. This appears to be the behavior for the Noctua fans for the PWM signal. PWM control doesn't mean a smooth slope for the fan speed - that's just not how it works. It's implemented however the vendor chooses to do so.

Archived