Corsair Community

H110i fans run 100% upon resume.

HeavyHemi

For about 2 seconds or so, then the profile takes effect. This is very disappointing behavior compared to the H100i V2 which just failed (2nd one in less than a year, expect an incoming RMA shortly, for pump failure).

I perused the site. I use a fixed fan speed, so I don't care whether the program is running or not. So, is my only solution to use the fans off of a motherboard header or is there some other solution? Thanks.

It doesn't matter the software version. It happens with the newest version of Link and iCue and you can save the profile to the device uninstall the software and it will still do the same thing upon resuming from sleep:

The fan will ramp up until the internally stored profile loads. This happens on every single resume from sleep. I use a static fan speed. I've no issues controlling anything with Link4. It appears to be something that could be resolved via firmware update for the pump. The H100i V2 did not exhibit this behavior. I've had two of them in this system. This is new.

This system

EVGA X99 FTW K 6850k @4.5ghz

EVGA 1080 Ti w/Hybrid cooler

AX1200-K70 RGB Keyboard/M65 Pro mouse

In a Corsair 780T I modified the intake for two 200mm Noctua fans.

If you have been trying to save the fan profile to the device via iCUE, you likely were unsuccessful. While the button is there, it does not work for any/all coolers. I don't have any specific information regarding the H110i, but I suspect you are not actually saving anything to the device. Presumably your fixed fan speed in the profile is low and the power on/wake is a relatively high fan spike.

If you have been trying to save the fan profile to the device via iCUE, you likely were unsuccessful. While the button is there, it does not work for any/all coolers. I don't have any specific information regarding the H110i, but I suspect you are not actually saving anything to the device. Presumably your fixed fan speed in the profile is low and the power on/wake is a relatively high fan spike.

As I clearly stated, I have saved the profile to the device using Link4. The version of software doesn't matter. And no, the 42% static speed I set is saved and what is used. The RPM is different from the default. I don't post here to waste my time and others. I am being exactly precise in what the issue is.

The fans ramp up upon resume from sleep then ramp DOWN to the set speed.

"Presumably your fixed fan speed in the profile is low and the power on/wake is a relatively high fan spike."

Yes, isn't that exactly what I am saying the problem is? Who wants their fans blasting to 100% for a second upon resuming from sleep. Yes indeed, it is QUITE LOUD AND ANNOYING. It should be fixed.

QUITE LOUD AND ANNOYING.

I noticed. This is the User Forums. People come here for help and sharing ideas. If you want to complain, you can send it directly to Corsair, that way no one beneath your level gets in your way and slows you down. Don't come here angry and throw bread crumbs. That is a waste of our time. I am sure your short time with the product gives you knowledge beyond those of us working it with for years. However, some of your described behavior does not match the known parameters, so you may still have some things to work out. Good luck.

You can reach Corsair directly through the ticket support system at the top of this page.

Archived