Corsair Community

DOMINATOR PLATINUM vs VENGEANCE PRO

pega88

Did you not start more than enough threads about this already?

To answer the question anyways: It is not really a question of better. If you look at images of the modules side by side you see the biggest difference right away: the Dominator Platinum series features a very extravagant heatpreader with integrated lighting and a custom PCB (with a LINK connector). Corsair advertises the Platinum series with only the highest quality ICs being used, but that doesn't mean you get low quality ICs on Vengeance Pro kits either.

Did you not start more than enough threads about this already?

To answer the question anyways: It is not really a question of better. If you look at images of the modules side by side you see the biggest difference right away: the Dominator Platinum series features a very extravagant heatpreader with integrated lighting and a custom PCB (with a LINK connector). Corsair advertises the Platinum series with only the highest quality ICs being used, but that doesn't mean you get low quality ICs on Vengeance Pro kits either.

I am still confused.

I saw the ram, which support the MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC.

how MSI determines that the ram is compatible with the MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC. whether to test the stability like memtest86. or what?

because I want maximum performance.

Official compatibility testing for a QVL is limited to a certain amount of kits, for practical and economic reasons. What type of kits get tested varies quite a bit from one motherboard manufacturer to another. That does however not imply untested kits are not compatible and it does not say anything about performance at all.

• 3 years later...

Archived