Corsair Community

******** + Corsair?

davegl1234

Hi, I saw on this forum a thread about mixing ram frequencies and revisions, and the general gist was that as long as they are both Corsair it should be alright.

I was wondering if vice versa would work. Would it be alright to mix manufacturers if they are the same type and have the same memory, frequency, timings, and voltages?

Basically, I have 2GB of ******** ddr2 dual channel 1066 memory. I have the opportunity to pick up another 2GB of Corsair ddr2 dual channel 1066 RAM very cheaply, and was wondering how likely it is that this would work?

I read somewhere (unsure of true or not) that Corsair and ******** are both manufactured by the same company or use the same chip or something like that.

They both have 5-5-5-15 timings and they are both set at 2.1V. Is there anything else that needs to be the same?

Apologies if this sort of thing is asked too much, but I'm new to building pcs. From what I've gathered it should be ok, but to be on the safe side I should get some more ********....but then I'm pretty skint and so if it will probably be fine I'll get in some corsair.

Cheers

Hi, I saw on this forum a thread about mixing ram frequencies and revisions, and the general gist was that as long as they are both Corsair it should be alright.
That's not correct. Your best chance of mixing pairs untested w/ each other (e.g. not a QUAD pack) would be memory that's the same part / version #.

I was wondering if vice versa would work. Would it be alright to mix manufacturers if they are the same type and have the same memory, frequency, timings, and voltages?
It won't blow up your system (assuming you're not overvolting anything), but no one can guarantee the compatibility or stability when mixing memory from different memory manufacturers.

Archived