Corsair Community

Update Tool cannot find SSD

BlackCross

Greetings,

Did some searching but was unable to figure out what I need to do. Do I even need to update firmware? Is there a performance increase? I don't think I ever updated the firmware on this drive before. here is the CD info.

Also, are there specific drivers needed for better ssd performance? I just installed windows 8 64 on a Samsung 840 pro and I am using the corsair now for a program drive. I heard some people install the IRST drivers? And that the marvell ports on my mobo are awful?

Thanks in advance.

specs

i7950

p6x58de

corsair 6gb

Intel® ICH10R controller :

6 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue

Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller : *1

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray

Untitled.thumb.png.4c04db3bc77d6e14aaa8b6226d091e97.png

Thanks toasted for the reply. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Yes, that's the tool I was trying to update with. However, I dug around on the disk product page on the main corsair site and found firmware 2.0 update. I ran into the same problem, however this time I ran as an admin and used the alternative 2.0 pkg file and the drive updated to 2.0.

I tried running 2.4 to no avail. Ive been reading the other thread in here (2.0 ->2.4) and it seems this is an ongoing issue with updating this drive to 2.4 as it looks like an alternative pkg might be needed.

Yes, AHCI in bios(enabled before installing win 8 pro) and I have all my drives using the intel ports as I read the marvell ports are pretty crappy.

I am still unsure if I should install the IRST drivers however as opposed to the native Microsoft ones within windows?

thanks again!

Are you experiencing any issues with the SSD?

Try the firmware update on another computer and see if the updater detects it.

You can try the MSAHCI drivers and see if detects the drive.

If you need the drive updated and you can't update it. Back up all your data and request an RMA to ask Corsair to update the firmware for you.

Archived