Corsair Community

Firmware not installing after formatting

earios89

I recently bought a 2014 Macbook Air right around the time the new firmware update came out. I own the red 500 gb Voyager Air, and had to format the hard drive to work with my mac. I accidentally chose MS-DOS format option (FAT) and followed the firmware update instructions to no avail. I did some reading online and realized I should have chosen Mac OS Extended, so I reformatted the drive again using that. Once it was formatted (in this order), I transferred the firmware file onto the drive, ejected it properly, turned the drive off, unplugged the USB, and turned the voyager on. The drive was plugged into a power source during all of this (including the next step). The wifi light blinked as it should and when it stopped I turned the drive on and off again, but now it isn't showing up as a wireless network (it didn't show up when it was formatted as a FAT either). It does work as a plug-in drive.

I tried formatting the drive back to windows and installing the firmware update, but that failed too. Any ideas?

Additionally, is there a technical support phone number? I can't seem to find one listed anywhere.

You say the Wi-Fi icon blinked for several minutes - that means the firmware should have installed successfully. It makes sense to focus on what is happening after that and is not working.

What is your client device (tablet/phone)? What version of the app are you using?

Archived