Corsair Community

My experience with H100i GTX

Plintus

Hi,

I am new to this forum and apparently don't know how to post my question :(, but I at least can reply to this one :)

Anyway, my experience with H100i GTX is completely unpredictable. (just a side note:I RMAed it twice at the request of the tech support, although I didn't think it would help). I have re-installed CL several times and almost every time I get something different. Sometimes I get one LED light (commander) and no H100i, sometimes they both will show up in the system tab. Ones I saw six red circles for fans at 0 RPM (commander mini fans - i don't have fans connected to CM). One time only I was able to control fan modes - and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately it lasted only one day. BTW, my hardware setup did not change during this period - only software install-un-install. Right now windows cannot verify 7289 USB driver but a few days ago everything was fine and I did not have exclamation sign in my device manager. I'm not complaining, just sharing my experiences and hope someone will help me to get the ability to control fan modes back :sigh!:

Thank you

Here is another thing: I have two boot drives on my machine. One of them is Win 7 ultimate 64 bit and one is Win 10 Pro 64 bit. H100i GTX is still recognized on Win 10 and until two days ago was recognized on Win 7. So, I know there is nothing (presumably) wrong with the cooler, the problem is the driver for Win 7. Wondering if Corsair is working on it?

****Is there a way to install a driver not signed by Microsoft? Maybe that is the solution for time being?

:idea: Did another experiment: removed all drives from the pc and put a blank one in, clean installed Windows 7 64 Ultimate with all updates and the first thing after finishing the updates - installed CL 3.2.5695. Still does not see my H100i GTX. It sees HX850i fine but not the H100i GTX :mad:

Any ideas??

Well, it doesn't help, really.:sigh!:

Time on my machine is correct and the message from the Windows in the Device Manager says:Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52) This is a copy of the window Device status in the General tab of the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device Property window in Device Manager. Of course I have tried to re-install the CL and the drivers - no result. What else can I try?

Thank you

2074581585_7289USBdevice.PNG.e9fd94d1e75111dbc6cf05177f1c1050.PNG

Well, it doesn't help, really.:sigh!:

Time on my machine is correct and the message from the Windows in the Device Manager says:Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52) This is a copy of the window Device status in the General tab of the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device Property window in Device Manager. Of course I have tried to re-install the CL and the drivers - no result. What else can I try?

Thank you

Please try this: uninstal CL in safe mode and reinstall in safe mode, the only way that worked for me when windows ask me to install a signed driver.

Please try this: uninstal CL in safe mode and reinstall in safe mode, the only way that worked for me when windows ask me to install a signed driver.

:idea: :idea: WORKS !!!! :eek: :eek: many, thank you very much !! For days I seek solution to this and reading your post, just fix it, would require a new topic as tutorial for other people to try this solution. Great !! thanks again!!! :D:

did you uninstall CL only or the 7289 usb driver and the dongle? did you reboot after the uninstall?

Hello friend, I had the same problem, do the following: in search write msconfig.exe and give enter, then in the "Boot" tab, check box "safe boot"> Apply> OK> restart.

The system is loaded in safe mode, once started, uninstall the CL, not reboot, you go to the pane control (Windows key + X, a menu is displayed, and you give control panel) A There, in "Programs and Features" uninstall the Corsair Hydro Series 7289 device, do not restart the PC yet.

You go to C \ Windows \ System32 and in the search, first look for the file "silibs.sys" and delete all appear. Then you put in the search, always within System32, "siusbx.sys" (without quotes obviously the name eh?) And again delete all you find. Now if you restart the pc again you will enter safe mode without touch anything.

Once loaded the system, go to the installer CL, right-click, troubleshoot, select compatibility with Windows 8, without trying the program, give served and if you close the troubleshooter. Now again on CL installer, you give right click and run as administrator, install the software, and uncheck the box that says program launch. Restart the pc again you'll start in safe mode, no problem, you're going to finder files and again put msconfig.exe in the "General" tab check "normal start"> Apply> OK and restart the team, now if you are loading the system in normal mode and your CL should be taking all devices seamlessly.

I hope you serve as my :roll:

Ah, sorry for my bad English, but I'm from Argentina and I'm using the google translator :!oops:

I also solved my problem, but in a different way. I uninstalled CL first - reboot. Uninstalled USB Dongle and 7289 USB driver - reboot. Than, in Device Manager I uninstalled Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device (see the picture) and again - reboot. After that I installed (again ) CL 3.2.5695, dongle and 7289 USB device.... and, miracle!. the LED on my pump changed color to white - it worked. !!!!

Hope it will help somebody to fix their problem.

775976415_7289USBdevice.PNG.6ad2465bf392c3d4f4148188af4d4471.PNG

:idea: :idea: WORKS !!!! :eek: :eek: many, thank you very much !! For days I seek solution to this and reading your post, just fix it, would require a new topic as tutorial for other people to try this solution. Great !! thanks again!!! :D:

Glad I could help you ;):

Many people have successfully installed CL with this tip, I found it by chance, CL worked well and one day nothing everything was block, without reason.

I had all tried several times, but after each attempt to declare windows installation that the driver was not signed and refuse to install.

I began to pull my hair, why everything worked well and suddenly nothing, I did not understand.

And then after digging in my head, I told myself tried in safe mode can be windows will not request the driver signing, and everything works again as before, I was so relieved I beat the record of speed the sitting to standing :D

This requires a lot of software development and debugging, for the moment, unfortunately it is with all that we have, but I have faith that Corsair will improve things ................ ....I hope :sigh!:

I have completely lost that faith because no progress is evident. I am starting a new build, and this time around I will not even try to use Link, any of the AIO coolers, or Corsair lighting. I'm still putting in an HXi PSU and Vengeance RAM.

I can't get my head around Corsair's refusal/inability to fix Link, which would make its already great hardware so much better. I abandoned Link several months ago for my current build, but keep checking this forum once in a while to see if things have gotten better.

With each passing week of seeing the same complaints, empty promises and pointless discussions, I grow more convinced that Link will never become a usable, software complement to the hardware. The latest generation of products is already several months old and still not fully supported, new generation of OS (Win10) has made the problem worse, and trying to ensure (establish?) backwards.compatibility at the same time as supporting inovation on the hardware side must be a technical nightmare.

As a growing number of frustrated customers realize how unlikely it is that their products will ever work as expected, the "i" family of products may have its days numbered.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problems with Corsair Hydro series 7289 usb device.

None of the suggested solutions work for me.

The only thing that works is to disable signing.

MSI Afterburner monitoring shows my CPU is running cool.

Do I really need Corsair Link and the problems associated with it.

OS is Windows 7 64 bit with all updates

Archived