Corsair Community

Is there a beginners guide to this software?

Akka

Hello!

I recently bought the H100iGTX cooler and I love it so far! However, I'm a complete scrub when it comes to proper cooling and am really struggling to figure out the software. Is there some sort of full auto mode? Currently I've just been leaving the mode on Quiet, and setting it to performance mode when I go to play games. I assume that this probably isn't the best way to do things because I'd assume this would wear the fan out quicker. Any advice or links to properly settings cooling curves, or full auto modes? Thanks guys! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Just to avoid you having full rpm issues,use the above illustrated curve only as a guide and will need to be tailored ,for instance point 5 is set at 100 % at 35c water temp,in summer temps at this setting your fans would likely run full speed all the time as any hydro with idle fans will have @35c water temp in the summer,.Id consider using these curve points below as Im sure you would prefer a system thats quiet as possible...

and use water temp as the trigger...

34 @ 25%

35 @ 35%

36 @ 50%

37 @ 75%

38 @ 100%

Just to avoid you having full rpm issues,use the above illustrated curve only as a guide and will need to be tailored ,for instance point 5 is set at 100 % at 35c water temp,in summer temps at this setting your fans would likely run full speed all the time as any hydro with idle fans will have @35c water temp in the summer,.Id consider using these curve points below as Im sure you would prefer a system thats quiet as possible...

and use water temp as the trigger...

34 @ 25%

35 @ 35%

36 @ 50%

37 @ 75%

38 @ 100%

These temps are for the water temp? So I'm assuming they are for "H100iGTX Cooler Temp"? I live in an extremely hot city. So here are my idle temps with the Corsair Profile set to "Quiet" mode.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/akkasamurai/Capture_1.jpg

You can tweak to your preference of course but looking at your current temps that would only be 1 or 2 degrees per temp point...

Awesome! And that custom setting is for the "H100iGTX Cooler Temp" not for the CPU temp? Also, does this software mess with my Video Cards fans? I've noticed it idling hotter than normal (65 degrees) since I installed the software. Just coincidence?

EDIT: I think I'm supposed to set the custom curve for the Cooler Fan itself right?

Yes its for the hydro water temp,you set each fan to this curve ,of course you can tweak it to best suit you...

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'm gonna use your curve that you posted for now and see how my CPU's temps go. Thanks!

Archived