Corsair Community

Should the Corsair One be audible at idle / return questions?

Elliott

I'm running into several intermittent issues with C1 Elite, screen flickering from one DisplayPort, the front LED being unable to turn off/randomly flickering, unable to wake from sleep with mouse/keyboard.

The main problem however, is that I can hear the PC in a normal ambient sound room - using a mobile app dB measuring device, it looks like the C1 is clocking in at 50-60dB at idle; more than double the advertised rate. As I type I can hear a very low, but constant hum - I was wondering if this is normal? All reviews mention that it's silent at idle, but I'm unsure if this is simply hype.

My second question would be regarding returns - this unit is my current daily driver, so returning it would be disruptive to say the least; could anyone shed some light on how the return/swap system works and the average time frames for a UK exchange? Do Corsair offer a collateral hold system whereby I could maintain ownership of the current unit until the new one arrives?

Hi,

'Cause you have a mobile app dB measuring device, try this :

- Switch off your C1

- Take a measure of your normal ambient sound room

- Switch on C1, measure dB at idle

What is the delta between the both value ?

• Corsair Employee
I'm running into several intermittent issues with C1 Elite, screen flickering from one DisplayPort, the front LED being unable to turn off/randomly flickering, unable to wake from sleep with mouse/keyboard.

The main problem however, is that I can hear the PC in a normal ambient sound room - using a mobile app dB measuring device, it looks like the C1 is clocking in at 50-60dB at idle; more than double the advertised rate. As I type I can hear a very low, but constant hum - I was wondering if this is normal? All reviews mention that it's silent at idle, but I'm unsure if this is simply hype.

My second question would be regarding returns - this unit is my current daily driver, so returning it would be disruptive to say the least; could anyone shed some light on how the return/swap system works and the average time frames for a UK exchange? Do Corsair offer a collateral hold system whereby I could maintain ownership of the current unit until the new one arrives?

The screen flickering issue is alarming, I suggest get it replaced. As for your other question, yes we do offer advance exchange during RMA. Please give our support team a call.

Archived