Corsair Community

New Corsair One i7 8700k, High Temps?

musubi

Just received my Corsair ONE Pro today. Intel i7-8700K GTX 1080 Ti, model number: CS-9000013-NA.

Aside from the buzzing sound on the left side of the system, I seem to be getting higher than average temperatures for the CPU.

With room ambient temperature at 23C, my system is idling at 54C. Ran a stress test with Intel Extreme Tuning and highest recorded temp was 93C. This is with a stock system, no overclock.

Are these temperature normal? Or should I exchange the system for a new one?

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.41f32d8c3b64052670c71c07e51f375d.jpg

definitely not normal, are you still within the return/exchange period with the re-seller? I recommend getting this unit replace.

Thanks for your help, StormShadow. I've sent the system back and requested a new replacement from Amazon. Hope all goes well with the new replacement.

Damn, I seem to have the same problem; computer is about 4 hours old - are these numbers normal?

Ambient temperature of 26 degrees celius (however it is a heatwave, for the UK..)

Am hesitant to return this to the supplier as it took Corsair over a month to stock them to begin with and this looks to be a possibly widespread issue...

Capture.thumb.PNG.8d8ef210127cc072c1616b5c629298ad.PNG

• Corsair Employee
Damn, I seem to have the same problem; computer is about 4 hours old - are these numbers normal?

Ambient temperature of 26 degrees celius (however it is a heatwave, for the UK..)

Am hesitant to return this to the supplier as it took Corsair over a month to stock them to begin with and this looks to be a possibly widespread issue...

what do you have running at the time you captured that screen shot?

• Corsair Employee
Just steam, performing a game download

The temperature is not alarming, granted the average is about ~35C. The temperature could be higher initially because windows update is running in the background as well. What's your idle and load temperature now? I would say keep an eye on it for a few days and see if there's any difference.

Everything's dropped by about 5 degrees*, except for the Samsung drive which is still ~50; is that okay?

Admittedly, the ambient temperature has dropped by 8 degrees, so that's not massively reassuring.

I tried a smallish game test running Arkham Origins at max settings at 1080p; obviously this is by no means a challenge considering the Elite's specs, but it tore through it with only a small increase in thermals; but the idle stats sound like they could be better.

The unit is currently on a carpeted floor in the second floor of a building, so I could definitely improve it's ventilation, which I shall look into.

• Corsair Employee
Everything's dropped by about 5 degrees*, except for the Samsung drive which is still ~50; is that okay?

Admittedly, the ambient temperature has dropped by 8 degrees, so that's not massively reassuring.

I tried a smallish game test running Arkham Origins at max settings at 1080p; obviously this is by no means a challenge considering the Elite's specs, but it tore through it with only a small increase in thermals; but the idle stats sound like they could be better.

The unit is currently on a carpeted floor in the second floor of a building, so I could definitely improve it's ventilation, which I shall look into.

M.2 drive will always be a bit toasty, it's not an issue. I definitely recommend getting it off the carpet. But glad to hear it did well during game play.

Archived