Corsair Community

Rm650x suddenly died, what part is this?

Ultura

Maybe confusing topic, sorry for that.

I have made a support ticket, it is less than a year old and I have not opened my own psu, just took it out after it failed.

I was playing and heard a click and everything died, I plugged everything out (I recognized the smell) and when I pulled the psu out a part fell out, it was partly blown apart.

Marked in picture below is the part that fell out, green round little thing, what is this part and what does it do? I want to know if psu failed by its own or if something here at home made it fail, my gf turned of a light in a other room at the same time it failed, its a other circuit though so probably just coincidence, thanks for the help.

IMG_20180307_132417.thumb.png.f1d524cb353f291a8f1c51f26c3ebec0.png

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
Maybe confusing topic, sorry for that.

I have made a support ticket, it is less than a year old and I have not opened my own psu, just took it out after it failed.

I was playing and heard a click and everything died, I plugged everything out (I recognized the smell) and when I pulled the psu out a part fell out, it was partly blown apart.

Marked in picture below is the part that fell out, green round little thing, what is this part and what does it do? I want to know if psu failed by its own or if something here at home made it fail, my gf turned of a light in a other room at the same time it failed, its a other circuit though so probably just coincidence, thanks for the help.

Hmm, i don't think it's that. Our team will most likely take a look at the PSU to see what happened.

How's far along is your support ticket? Let me know if there's anything you need.

Archived