Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro Switching Unwanted Profile Switching

Exare

I recently started having a problem with my Scimitar Pro. I remap my "Profile Switch" button to the "Back" mouse command and I've been using it for a week with no problems. But as of 9/7, randomly, it'll switch profiles when I use that button.

It happens when I'm playing games, specifically PUBG because I bound that key to Push To Talk, as I have with every other mouse I've owned like this.

My problem is that I just can't use this button at all anymore because - again, randomly - it'll decide to switch profiles when I press it.

This is an INCREDIBLY irritating problem and on top of all the other issues I've had with Corsair mice might be the straw that broke the camels back here with me and Corsair peripherals.

The CUE is a terrible bit of software indeed. Probably the worst mouse software I've used personally. If anybody has any solution for me, please help :'( I just spent almost $100 on this mouse and it's not working.

• 8 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

Hi Exare and Polgara,

You can't use Profile Switch as Push to Talk. The reason is that holding the Profile Switch down is a kind of... reset on that mouse.

You can get around it, but you need to set your Push to Talk key into a toggle rather than having to hold it down. That way, you push the key down and it allows you to talk. Push it again, and you cut your mic off in the chat program.

You should be able to set this in Discord/Teamspeak/Ventrilo etc....

Archived