Corsair Community

Corsair K70 Software / Drivers

K70 isnt a macro keyboard (the upcoming K95 is) so there's no software used. Per key backlightning and reactive mode are done purely through button presses and key toggle sequences. BIOS mode disables the non backlight extra features (backlighting toggles still work), like disabling the windows key. The media keys still work (as does scroll lock, although the SL light flashes to show the keyboard is in Bios mode).

• 4 weeks later...

If this is true then surely this is blatent mis-representation of the facts on the product page by Corsair.

Quotes from the product page.

"You can use the software to program backlighting for each key independently,so you can set up custom-lit key bindings for each game you play"

"It's great for illuminating your key bindings for each game, and you can store multiple presets. They're saved directly to the K70 onboard memory, so you can take you light maps with you"

In UK English at least, multiple presets is plural meaning more than one. I appreciate that the software referred to could be that already embedded within the keyboard itself rather than an addition program(App) though most users would tend to think of software they install on their PC.

I think whatever the answer then at best this definitely points at very poor quality of information on the product page in that it could be open to such miss-interpretation.

I do not want the hassle of having to re-program the keyboard whenever I decide to play or use a different game, program. This was one of my main reasons for selecting this keyboard over rivals as it gave me the impression I would just have to switch to one of my other presets.

That said and done I think that this is an excellent and quality keyboard but it does not do what I expected it to do in accordance with Corsairs copy and will request an RMA with the retailer from which it was purchased for that reason and not take Corsair product information at face value in future.

If this is true then surely this is blatent mis-representation of the facts on the product page by Corsair.

Quotes from the product page.

"You can use the software to program backlighting for each key independently,so you can set up custom-lit key bindings for each game you play"

"It's great for illuminating your key bindings for each game, and you can store multiple presets. They're saved directly to the K70 onboard memory, so you can take you light maps with you"

In UK English at least, multiple presets is plural meaning more than one. I appreciate that the software referred to could be that already embedded within the keyboard itself rather than an addition program(App) though most users would tend to think of software they install on their PC.

I think whatever the answer then at best this definitely points at very poor quality of information on the product page in that it could be open to such miss-interpretation.

I do not want the hassle of having to re-program the keyboard whenever I decide to play or use a different game, program. This was one of my main reasons for selecting this keyboard over rivals as it gave me the impression I would just have to switch to one of my other presets.

That said and done I think that this is an excellent and quality keyboard but it does not do what I expected it to do in accordance with Corsairs copy and will request an RMA with the retailer from which it was purchased for that reason and not take Corsair product information at face value in future.

You are correct. The information on the product page is not correct. Will work on getting it changed ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for responding Jasonch and confirming my understanding and hopefully any changes to the copy will reduce the potential for misunderstandings.

For note: It might be an idea to have somewhere on-site that explains the meanings of Mappings,Presets & Profiles as they tend to get used differently and interchangeable by different manufacturers. I think I understand them but.............

Perhaps for a future development it might be an idea to consider software that enables one to create you own mapping/profiles that then can be sent to the memeory bank within the keyboard.I appreciate the costs would rise.

As previoulsy said I do love the feel and design of the K70 and would not be embarrassed to have it on my office desk as it looks clean and professional and not at all geeky like many others.

Just an FYI now this information has gotten out to numerous review sites clearly referring to software. ( http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_vengeance_k70_review,2.html ) I think there needs to be a CLEAR representation of what this keyboard CAN and CAN NOT do. I originally purchased the keyboard with the intent of being able to have game profiles in relation to the key lighting. Can someone let me know what I can and can't do? I know the bios switch is there, can we program lighting on each of those BIOS's? If so how do we do that? Is there a guide or anything?

• Corsair Employee
You can only store 1 profile on the K70 Turbopenguin. The switches for the polling rate do not switch lighting profiles. I have a FAQ posted at the top of this forum and I recommend perusing it if you have any questions or concerns. We will correct the information to avoid any confusion. Sorry about that.

• 9 months later...

Nine moths later, this is still on the Corsair product description page. That might be how review sites are picking it up.

This was a big factor my decision to buy a Corsair keyboard and mouse today. I am sorry that it does not have that capability.

• Administrators
Nine moths later, this is still on the Corsair product description page. That might be how review sites are picking it up.

This was a big factor my decision to buy a Corsair keyboard and mouse today. I am sorry that it does not have that capability.

Where are you currently seeing that the K70 requires software? I don't see it on this product page for example:

http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-k70-fully-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-anodized-black-na-layout

Where are you currently seeing that the K70 requires software? I don't see it on this product page for example:

http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-k70-fully-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-anodized-black-na-layout

I am not seeing that it requires software. It does, however, imply that the keyboard can hold profiles for EACH game you play on the keyboard. According to http://www.corsair.com/en-in/vengeance-k70-fully-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-anodized-black-na-layout

You can program backlighting for each key independently, so you can set up custom-lit key bindings for each game you play. And, once you’ve tweaked it to your tastes, the onboard memory lets you take your settings with you.

Also:

It's saved directly to the K70 onboard memory, so you can take your light maps with you.

Emphasis added.

The section headed Tech Specs is empty, and there is nothing listed under FAQs as well, two places that you could easily clear this up.

• 2 months later...

Almost a YEAR later and this is STILL on the Corsair product page. Still. Really???

This was also a factor in my decision to purchase the K70.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/k70

"The K70 has deep red LEDs with adjustable brightness and key-by-key programmability to light up just the keys you need. It's great for illuminating your key bindings for each game, and you can store multiple presets."

No. No you can't. Why on Earth is this *still* on the primary K70 product page???

I'll be returning mine tomorrow in favor of a Logitech. While they have nothing as pretty as this, at least their product descriptions aren't misleading.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am yet another who got caught out by this implication. Given that the product page mentioned this and my previous Corsair keyboard allowed profiles to be bound to .exe files in the manner suggested, I didn't think it necessary to look for this specific feature in the manual. Corsair acknowledged that this information is incorrect over a year ago and yet no change has been made to the page and the keyboard continues to be sold.

If it were at all possible, I'd love to see Corsair actually make the gaming software they allude to. It would be a nice gesture to customers who have been let down. I understand that there is an expense in this, but there is clearly upside as well, and there needs to be some resolution to this.

Hello all.

I don't get one thing - is this so hard to make any software for K70? Why Corsair is still didn't make it? This keyboard worth a lot of money, you can get a lot more if you'll buy Logitech keyboard for the same price.

You call it gaming keyboard, but it don't even have any software to configure the macroses, profiles and many more. K70 looks outstanding! But it's all it has!

I wonder why there is no fans software.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just got this keyboard very recently and I'm very happy with it. I didn't buy it because I thought I could set up tons of lighting profiles. I would have spent the extra cash on the RGB if lighting was an issue for me, because that thing looks AWESOME.

I really never thought that SO MANY people would buy (or not buy) a keyboard solely based on being able to set up more than 1 custom lighting profile. Especially a mechanical keyboard, the quality of the switches being the main draw from what I can tell.

You guys could have saved a lot of money if you had done your research. This keyboard is mechanical. That's why I spent over twice as much as I did on my Sidewinder X4. The lights are a nice added feature (brighter than the Sidewinder and it didnt have ANY custom profiles, just on/off and 1-2-3 brightness).

But if the main thing you want in a keyboard is lights, buy a membrane keyboard with lights so that most of the money you spent on the keyboard is dedicated to lighting profiles and such. Save yourself some money.

• 10 months later...

Archived