Corsair Community

Is my H100i dead?

gronemng

hi, first of all excuse me for my english.

today i start my computer and notice that the led on the block has changed from red to somekind of breathing effect between white and light blue then pink and stuff like that but i notice that the fans where ramping like crazy i enter the bios and the temps where rising 40 45 50 55 unit it reachs 75 and i shut it down the pc.

so i try to connect everything the "recomended way" i plugin my pump to the cpu_fan my 2 fans to the block and i also connect the usb cable. i start my system again and i get a "no cpu fan detected" or something like that...

this means that my pump is dead?

It seems the pump is not running as you get a CPU_FAN error and the CPU temperature rises. You can try a different SATA power cable and see if that changes anything.

If it doesn't. Request an RMA to replace the H100i. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase.

well something strange happened

i was preparing to remove the h100i and i try one more time, but i just connected the pump to the psu, the first try it was all the same, but the second time the pump start working and the led turn red(just like before) and now all work fine :S

what happened??

well the pump died again...

exact same thing 0 rpm on the pump(check it on the bios), led working not as i set it up (red) and the fans also working, so the h100i is receiving power from the sata connector, its the pump that it doesn't move at all

i will take it to my seller and ask for a new one.

one question, i upgrade to the last firmware(a couple of weeks ago just when i bought it) when corsair link prompt the message, its this the right thing to do? or i just leave the "stock" firmware?

The firmware does not control the pump, it only reads and reports the RPM to the motherboard (Via 3-pin) or the LINK software. The pump is only powered by the SATA power connector.

The firmware controls the fan speeds, LINK detection and configurations sent to it and also reports coolant temperature and pump RPM.

In your case, the pump is most likely faulty as every other function that is controlled by the firmware is working.

Got the exact same problem, I'm just going to RMA it as they have 5 years warranty. Have you tried unplugging the cable from the part of your motherboard that says CPU Fan and plugging it back in? Apparently that works sometimes.

the problem is that the pump its not working at all, its not a problem of the rpm read out, its just that the pump its not running at all.

Archived