Corsair Community

Crystal Series 570X and SP120 RGB Questions

Exidrial

I couldn't find these questions answered anywhere.

So I'm interested in buying the 570X because its sexy af but there are some things I'd like to know first.

1: AFAIK the FANs come with 2 cables, one that powers the LEDs and one that powers the fan itself right? That means lowering the fan speed wouldn't dim the LEDs?

2: CAN you lower the fan speed? I would want a total of 6 RGB fans but I'm concerned about noise. Is there any space for a fan controller or any other way to lower fan speed on the case?

3: Is it possible to mount a 120mm radiator in the front in push/pull ?

4: Does anybody know how dust collection is on the case? Does it attract much dust? It is open air and in theory posizive pressure should keep the dust out but I just want to make sure.

5: Anybody got any tips on handling and cleaning tempered glass?

I saw ""OC3D TV"" review of this case... like he said,, it would proably be a good idea

to go to a hardware store & buy a strip of black door felt.... or something similar....

that way U could MOD the case to put the felt between the case metal edges and

the glass to seal up the gap... this case has air filters in the top,, front,, & bottom

for the PSU slot....

just would need to run a felt strip around the edges between the metal case & the glass

on the left & right side...

3: Is it possible to mount a 120mm radiator in the front in push/pull?

3) This likely depends on your GPU length. I doubt we have too much practical knowledge at this point, but you can use the 370mm max length as a starting point, then reduce it by your fan and radiator thickness. Likely that would be 76-77mm for most 240mm, including the 50mm of standard fans.

• 3 months later...
Just to be clear: the SP120 RGB fans are not PWM; it's the HD120 RGB fans that are PWM.

So what? That's what fan controllers are there for.

The RGB LEDs have their own dedicated cable that you plug into the LED controller so reducing voltage (so that the fans run slower) doesn't impact the LEDs.

I just need to find a nice small fan controller that I can put somewhere.

Unfortunately, that's not it. The built in controller for the case will only work with SP120 RGB fans. It will not work with the HD120's, so fan choice does matter. The SP120 RGBs will not work with PWM fan controllers found on many of the new pumps. Some people get caught in between the two needs.

4 months later and after the actual release of the case, there is a lot more information in the forum covering some of these topics.

Unfortunately, that's not it. The built in controller for the case will only work with SP120 RGB fans. It will not work with the HD120's, so fan choice does matter. The SP120 RGBs will not work with PWM fan controllers found on many of the new pumps. Some people get caught in between the two needs.

4 months later and after the actual release of the case, there is a lot more information in the forum covering some of these topics.

I wasn't talking about pumps though.

There is a certain small form factor digital fan controller on the market. Not gonna name any names because I don't think corsair would approve of that in their own forum.

I don't see why fan control wouldn't work with the SP120s using one of those controllers.

The SP120 RGBs not being PWM is not a problem. As I already said, that's what fan controllers are there for. It's just a matter of reducing voltage.

Then it sounds like you have a plan and in the four months since you wrote the original post, did some homework on your own. You certainly didn't need to chastise the poster above, who was only correcting my mistake on an earlier post, not telling you what to do.

Then it sounds like you have a plan and in the four months since you wrote the original post, did some homework on your own. You certainly didn't need to chastise the poster above, who was only correcting my mistake on an earlier post, not telling you what to do.

I didn't chastise him though. I don't even know what he corrected you on?

I was just telling him that the SP120s not being PWM is not a problem in my case.

There's a reason the quote function exists :x

Archived