Corsair Community

Corsair 1000D + Commander Pro, not enough RGB ports

LMRig

Hello,

I got 1000D with 1000D Commander Pro.

1000D got it's own RGB leds which are connected to preinstalled Commander Pro.

But I also bought 12 fans, so in the end I need 3 RGB ports on Commander?

Is there any chance to split RGB ports?

I don't want to buy one more Commander Pro because of 1 RGB port :-( .

Hey bud.. yep you can do that... pushes You past spec though so not supported by corsair and as such not warrantied..

I have 2 RGB Fan LED Hub's on 1 LED channel in my 1000D

my 1000D build thread covers this....http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

and if You haven't read it.. my Faq thread is worth the read

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

You could always get a lighting node pro and sync all your RGB leds thru ICUE. I have 10 RGB fans one two led fan hubs. 4 led strips that I moved over to a lighting Node Pro from one of my Commander Pros. I purchased the Lighting Node Pro because I do not trust the Command Pros I have had to many problems with the Commander Pros and the failures with the USB hubs on the Pros to overload them or load them up with a lot of tasking power wise. By adding another lighting controller you have future expansion if you need it.

I do not trust the Command Pros I have had to many problems with the Commander Pros and the failures with the USB hubs on the Pros to overload them or load them up with a lot of tasking power wise. By adding another lighting controller you have future expansion if you need it.

on the Flip side.. 3 systems here.. between them. there are 5 Commander Pros.. one has over 15 fans in it with the one commander pro running 8 fans. not one single issue and these are daily abused machines... not sure what you have been doing to yours buddy but its not the norm... as long as you know and understand the spec and what you can get away with then they are a rock solid device.

but ultimately he doesn't want to spend any more money and indeed doesn't have to (for nodes or Commanders).

@the OP...

I have Pinged DevBiker who makes these splitter cables ;) hopefully he will come with links to cables ;)..

Archived