Corsair Community

my nightmarish, terrible, not good purchase and problems over 2 months

andressilva

Hello to All,

I've thought for a couple of days if I should write about my experience about my purchase of a Corsair One via Amazon. I feel that this post is fair in my report and the complaints are justified. In the end, I've decided that my experience may help people who are on the fence about purchasing a unit. I understand that the most vocal clients are the unhappy ones but such is the way the world works.

Buckle your seatbelts because this will be a long post.

First of all, I should say that my machines worked (plural intended) they were *W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L*. However, the problem was getting any of the machines to work...and my problems were just beginning.

-----

After a couple of months of consideration, I decided that I should buy myself a treat, and decided to buy what was (in my consideration) a machine that would be small, silent and extremely powerful for gaming purposes - a top combination without having to worry about compatibility and performance. I decided for purchasing a Corsair One via amazon Spain. All the reviews mentioned that this was a super machine, small, quiet, a console experience, hassle free.

Well, it turns out my problems were many.

The problems started really at the first boot. Even on the first boot, the machine would not pass the splash menu and move into windows. I thought this matter to be really strange. Only after consulting this very forum, did I realize that my unit was one of a batch of faulty units.

I tried every measure listed in the forums. I messed with the BIOS, I cleared the CMOS, I changed cables, monitors and plugs, nothing worked. Only by chance would the machine post into Windows. And then hope that the PC wouldn't crash and I would have to start the whole process again.

A lot of thoughts crossed my mind. I purchased my units many months after the issues being reported and I read that there had been a callback for the faulty units. I thought there was no way the world's biggest retailer wouldn't have reacted to the callback and sent the faulty machines back. Guess I was wrong.

After a couple of days and a couple windows installations later, I decided to contact Corsair via the Support Ticket System in order to arrange an aRMA. At this time I was a little upset but I thought "well, this things can happen". I was even willing to pay a fee upfront in order to have the least problems possible with the RMA and to expedite it.

Even though my purchase was via amazon I decided to try to work it out directly via Corsair because I was afraid a possible replacement unit could be from a faulty batch as well. At first, this process was moving along. I was told I was indeed affected with a faulty unit, via the ticketing system. I was even called once in order to arrange the RMA at 6am local time, which due to being asleep and away from the phone I was unable to pick up.

However, after this call, never again in the space of almost 3 months (from early may until mid July) was I ever contacted again in order to arrange the RMA. Many, many messages were sent and received but, alas, no call to arrange the RMA.

Due to this, I thought I should take my chances with Amazon and request a second unit. To my surprise, a second unit was sent at no extra cost even prior to me sending back my faulty unit. (An Advanced RMA with no upfront costs, unlike corsair's). But my problems weren't even over.

If you've read my story so far its easy to guess that my second unit was a faulty unit as well (:mad:). At this moment, I'm stuck with two units that aren't up to standard, the equivalent of 5000 EURs in equipment that don't work 90% of the time all the while Corsair does not even say a word!

Finally, I decided to cut my losses and send both units back to Amazon.I spent 80 EURs sending both units back to Amazon (which I am yet to be reimbursed and don't think I will ever be even after complaining) sending both units back due to Corsair's incompetence. All while not factoring the time, money, patience to try to solve the issue.

-----

To this end, I would like to (rhetorically) expose on this forum that I consider of the utmost importance:

1 - How come the world's biggest retailer, after how many months (a year?) of knowledge that faulty units are in "the wild" was not contacted?? It blows my mind how the "supply chain management" let this slip by!

2 - Even if Amazon was contacted, it falls into Corsair to make sure no affected units fall into consumer's hands!

3-How come during 2 months and many days, only one contact attempt was made in order to arrange an RMA? I traded dozens of messages asking for a status update and making myself available to pick up a call on a 18hours a day/7days a week, but no second call was ever made?

4 How doesn't a ticket opened for more that 2 months get flagged for not being concluded? This is management 101!!

5- Even a week after asking customer support to close the ticket and being confirmed ticket will be closed, ticket is still open.

As a management graduate, the sheer incompetence (to my understanding) still baffles my mind today. I won'y say that I have any experience in customer service and chain management but in both cases I can confidently say this process was poorly managed.

Honestly, This whole mess has forever tainted the brand for any future products for me.

I'm not interested in apologies, It's just the inefficiencies and (in my opinion, incompetence) that really bothers me. I would expect a cheap machine to have some problems but not a 2500 EUR machine, priced as a tier 1 product. It's safe to say this will be the last if not only post in this forum.

TL/DR - Purchased faulty unit. Contacted Corsair in order to bypass faulty units from retailer- No response. Contacted retailer, sent second faulty unit. Wasted time money and patience. Gave up after waiting for Corsair, returned units to retailer and complained (vented) in the forum to caution future buyers.

• Corsair Employee
Hello to All,

I've thought for a couple of days if I should write about my experience about my purchase of a Corsair One via Amazon. I feel that this post is fair in my report and the complaints are justified. In the end, I've decided that my experience may help people who are on the fence about purchasing a unit. I understand that the most vocal clients are the unhappy ones but such is the way the world works.

Buckle your seatbelts because this will be a long post.

First of all, I should say that my machines worked (plural intended) they were *W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L*. However, the problem was getting any of the machines to work...and my problems were just beginning.

-----

After a couple of months of consideration, I decided that I should buy myself a treat, and decided to buy what was (in my consideration) a machine that would be small, silent and extremely powerful for gaming purposes - a top combination without having to worry about compatibility and performance. I decided for purchasing a Corsair One via amazon Spain. All the reviews mentioned that this was a super machine, small, quiet, a console experience, hassle free.

Well, it turns out my problems were many.

The problems started really at the first boot. Even on the first boot, the machine would not pass the splash menu and move into windows. I thought this matter to be really strange. Only after consulting this very forum, did I realize that my unit was one of a batch of faulty units.

I tried every measure listed in the forums. I messed with the BIOS, I cleared the CMOS, I changed cables, monitors and plugs, nothing worked. Only by chance would the machine post into Windows. And then hope that the PC wouldn't crash and I would have to start the whole process again.

A lot of thoughts crossed my mind. I purchased my units many months after the issues being reported and I read that there had been a callback for the faulty units. I thought there was no way the world's biggest retailer wouldn't have reacted to the callback and sent the faulty machines back. Guess I was wrong.

After a couple of days and a couple windows installations later, I decided to contact Corsair via the Support Ticket System in order to arrange an aRMA. At this time I was a little upset but I thought "well, this things can happen". I was even willing to pay a fee upfront in order to have the least problems possible with the RMA and to expedite it.

Even though my purchase was via amazon I decided to try to work it out directly via Corsair because I was afraid a possible replacement unit could be from a faulty batch as well. At first, this process was moving along. I was told I was indeed affected with a faulty unit, via the ticketing system. I was even called once in order to arrange the RMA at 6am local time, which due to being asleep and away from the phone I was unable to pick up.

However, after this call, never again in the space of almost 3 months (from early may until mid July) was I ever contacted again in order to arrange the RMA. Many, many messages were sent and received but, alas, no call to arrange the RMA.

Due to this, I thought I should take my chances with Amazon and request a second unit. To my surprise, a second unit was sent at no extra cost even prior to me sending back my faulty unit. (An Advanced RMA with no upfront costs, unlike corsair's). But my problems weren't even over.

If you've read my story so far its easy to guess that my second unit was a faulty unit as well (:mad:). At this moment, I'm stuck with two units that aren't up to standard, the equivalent of 5000 EURs in equipment that don't work 90% of the time all the while Corsair does not even say a word!

Finally, I decided to cut my losses and send both units back to Amazon.I spent 80 EURs sending both units back to Amazon (which I am yet to be reimbursed and don't think I will ever be even after complaining) sending both units back due to Corsair's incompetence. All while not factoring the time, money, patience to try to solve the issue.

-----

To this end, I would like to (rhetorically) expose on this forum that I consider of the utmost importance:

1 - How come the world's biggest retailer, after how many months (a year?) of knowledge that faulty units are in "the wild" was not contacted?? It blows my mind how the "supply chain management" let this slip by!

2 - Even if Amazon was contacted, it falls into Corsair to make sure no affected units fall into consumer's hands!

3-How come during 2 months and many days, only one contact attempt was made in order to arrange an RMA? I traded dozens of messages asking for a status update and making myself available to pick up a call on a 18hours a day/7days a week, but no second call was ever made?

4 How doesn't a ticket opened for more that 2 months get flagged for not being concluded? This is management 101!!

5- Even a week after asking customer support to close the ticket and being confirmed ticket will be closed, ticket is still open.

As a management graduate, the sheer incompetence (to my understanding) still baffles my mind today. I won'y say that I have any experience in customer service and chain management but in both cases I can confidently say this process was poorly managed.

Honestly, This whole mess has forever tainted the brand for any future products for me.

I'm not interested in apologies, It's just the inefficiencies and (in my opinion, incompetence) that really bothers me. I would expect a cheap machine to have some problems but not a 2500 EUR machine, priced as a tier 1 product. It's safe to say this will be the last if not only post in this forum.

TL/DR - Purchased faulty unit. Contacted Corsair in order to bypass faulty units from retailer- No response. Contacted retailer, sent second faulty unit. Wasted time money and patience. Gave up after waiting for Corsair, returned units to retailer and complained (vented) in the forum to caution future buyers.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can you PM me your ticket number? I will escalate this to the right person for you.

Archived