Corsair Community

C1 Tips, Tweaks, etc.

MrPace

I received my C1 only a few weeks ago, and thankfully, thus far, I haven't had any real issues with it...I realize only those with issues tend to post in these forums...all the satisfied users are too busy using their C1s and have little time to post here.

But I am curious if some of the people with issues have discovered any useful tips or must-use tweaks while trying to troubleshoot any problems they have encountered.

For example, I had an issue with the top DisplayPort where it would cut out for a split second when I started some AAA gaming titles. I moved the cable to the second DisplayPort and haven't seen that problem since. I'm running an Acer Predator x34 monitor overclocked to 100mhz.

RC_ONE, you've been doing a LOT of testing and tweaking...discover anything that you consider a must-use in terms of non-default settings in either Windows 10 or the Bios that some of us newer users might find useful?

Thanks!

I received my C1 only a few weeks ago, and thankfully, thus far, I haven't had any real issues with it...I realize only those with issues tend to post in these forums...all the satisfied users are too busy using their C1s and have little time to post here.

But I am curious if some of the people with issues have discovered any useful tips or must-use tweaks while trying to troubleshoot any problems they have encountered.

For example, I had an issue with the top DisplayPort where it would cut out for a split second when I started some AAA gaming titles. I moved the cable to the second DisplayPort and haven't seen that problem since. I'm running an Acer Predator x34 monitor overclocked to 100mhz.

RC_ONE, you've been doing a LOT of testing and tweaking...discover anything that you consider a must-use in terms of non-default settings in either Windows 10 or the Bios that some of us newer users might find useful?

Thanks!

Note: Always check the "Last Edited by" on this post to see how old this information might be. I welcome being informed of misinformation or better information by Corsair staff and other Corsair One owners.

My experience is with the Corsair One Pro 16GB memory, M.2 drive, 1080 Ti 11GB - and both systems I'm working with (one is an RMA going back soon), are part of Lots which don't fall in to the PCIe cable issue.

As you've mentioned, if you have a C1 with 1080 Ti - use the middle DisplayPort. That is, if you're going to run over 60Hz refresh rate. Otherwise, as far as I can tell, it won't matter at or below 60Hz which DisplayPort is used.

Corsair ONE's (and Pro's) REQUIRE the Corsair Link software to be running at all times in order to properly manage the system's fans, to keep the Corsair One from overheating under load. As per dhwalt: you only need to have Corsair Link 4 installed rather than 'Running'. See Task Manager and CorsairLink4.Service.exe is always running i.e. CLink4Service - Corsair Link 4 Device Monitoring Service, is set to automatic startup. The executable is "C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe" (In other words, we need to be sure the Corsair Link Service running at all times on our Corsair One's)

Note: The Windows 10 Creator's Edition breaks the driver signing for Corsair Link at this time. An update from Corsair is in the works, but check the Corsair Link software forum for more/updated information. There seem to be workarounds if you already updated to Creator's Edition. If you're a Corsair One owner, I suggest holding off on updating Windows to the Creator's Edition until Corsair Link is updated to address this issue.

The Corsair Link software currently only runs on Windows. It's necessary for automatic control of the system's fans. Linux users should find a way to set their fans to 100%, test to ensure their fans stay at 100%, and leave it that way if they plan on doing anything CPU or GPU intensive. It makes a little more noise, but if your Corsair One is running properly, it shouldn't be "noisy".

I suggest checking what the latest version of Corsair Link is, and updating your Corsair Link software if it's not the most recent version.

If Live Update 6 scans your system and lists an available driver to update, uninstall the driver through Windows before letting LiveUpdate install the updated version. (At least until Live Update handles uninstalls itself, some day.)

If you have a newer version of a driver already on your system, and Live Update 6 is trying to suggest an older driver, ignore it.

DO install the latest Nvidia driver manually, and make sure it's the latest for your system configuration. Don't assume the Geforce Experience app or Live Update or Windows Update has installed the latest Nvidia driver. Geforce Experience should update with the latest driver for your system, but it's good to double check.

When gaming or running benchmarks, set your Windows 10 power settings to Performance, not Balanced. There are various conditions in which the Balanced setting (shouldn't but...) can result in lower system performance than expected, both for graphics and disk transfers.

If you want to "wake up" your Corsair One using a USB connected Keyboard/Mouse...you can enable it in the BIOS. I suggest doing it. It's easier than pressing the Power Button on the Corsair One each time, and reduces wear on the power button.

I'll add more as I think of 'em and if I continue testing and tweaking :)

Hi All

Just wanted to let you guys know, that I have connected to both DisplayPorts on my Corsair One and have had no problems at all running my monitor at 144Hz. So the issues you guys are having is definitely an isolated issue and not a condition happening on all Corsair One's.

Re.

Corsair ONE's (and Pro's) REQUIRE the Corsair Link software to be running at all times in order to properly manage the system's fans, to keep the Corsair One from overheating under load.

Worth commenting that you only need to have Corsair Link 4 installed rather than 'Running'. See Task Manager and CorsairLink4.Service.exe is always running i.e. CLink4Service - Corsair Link 4 Device Monitoring Service, is set to automatic startup. The executable is "C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe". I can confirm that the service remains active when CorsairLink4 is disabled as a start-up item.

Dave

Hi All

Just wanted to let you guys know, that I have connected to both DisplayPorts on my Corsair One and have had no problems at all running my monitor at 144Hz. So the issues you guys are having is definitely an isolated issue and not a condition happening on all Corsair One's.

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you have the 1080 or the 1080Ti in your Corsair One? I've only been hearing the issue come up on the Corsair One Pro's with the 1080 Ti's so far. I'm also wondering if it has something to do with the Acer Predator product line, or screen resolution of the Z35P of 3440 x 1440 combined with refresh rates over 60Hz. (I'm aware there are other factors which determine total bandwidth utilization...FPS, bits per byte, color data...etc, which may be relevant to the issue)

Re.

Corsair ONE's (and Pro's) REQUIRE the Corsair Link software to be running at all times in order to properly manage the system's fans, to keep the Corsair One from overheating under load.

Worth commenting that you only need to have Corsair Link 4 installed rather than 'Running'. See Task Manager and CorsairLink4.Service.exe is always running i.e. CLink4Service - Corsair Link 4 Device Monitoring Service, is set to automatic startup. The executable is "C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\CorsairLink4.Service.exe". I can confirm that the service remains active when CorsairLink4 is disabled as a start-up item.

Dave

Thanks. I'll update my own comment with this info (and appropriate credit)

As I mentioned in another thread, we've ordered that specific Acer Predator monitor and will be testing it internally to reproduce the issue.

Just to note, IIRC, MrPace and I don't have the same model display, but we are both using Acer Predator product line display's.

There are also different models within the Z35P line. Mine is the one with 3440 x 1440 resolution. There's another model also called the Z35P that has lower resolution, but as I understand it, clocks higher.

I believe MrPace mentioned having an Acer Predator x34? (It might have been another Corsair One owner with the same issue)

I've also found there are two different types of "flickering" issues.

The first, is G-Sync related. Some people are seeing a slight (or not so slight) flicker, which seems to occur in certain games or start screens when the refresh rate dips momentarily just below the monitor's set clock rate, then immediately refreshes back to the monitor's set clock rate. It may be seen as a slight, repeated, dimming then brightening, or flicker "lines" across the screen...etc. This isn't a Corsair One issue, it's an Nividia or display manufacturer issue. I'm not sure which. I also have this problem when G-Sync is enabled. It's an issue being discussed in other overclocking, Nvidia, and display manufacturer forums.

The second is the issue I've mentioned where the screen blacks out completely for a moment then recovers...sometimes multiple times in a row as seen in the video I shared in another thread, which has also been described as "flickering."

I only mentioned this for you to be aware of following up on what type of flickering C1 owners mean when they refer to their symptom as flickering.

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you have the 1080 or the 1080Ti in your Corsair One? I've only been hearing the issue come up on the Corsair One Pro's with the 1080 Ti's so far. I'm also wondering if it has something to do with the Acer Predator product line, or screen resolution of the Z35P of 3440 x 1440 combined with refresh rates over 60Hz. (I'm aware there are other factors which determine total bandwidth utilization...FPS, bits per byte, color data...etc, which may be relevant to the issue)

I have the GTX 1080 model, and the monitor I'm using is the Asus VG248QE.

I have the GTX 1080 model, and the monitor I'm using is the Asus VG248QE.

Thanks for the info. While I won't make the assumption that the issue only affects models with the 1080 Ti, the very limited reports of this issue lean that way, and only those who've tried using the top DisplayPort connection above 60Hz might notice it. :thinking:

Archived