Corsair Community

Problem w Commander PRO with HD120

iFlyPenguins

Just connected Commander PRO with 6 HD120 4 pins into the Hub and a USB which is my Kraken x52. Connected the 3 pin rgb lights into the RGB hub and only 4 of them are working fine, i thought it could of been just the firmware so i downloaded the program updated the firmware and enabled all 6 of the fans and turned the RGBs on but on the first 4 will turn on. The last 2 which are in port 5 and 6 of the RGB hub wont light up at all. Has anyone else experience this? Fans all spin and work fine.

It looks like the Commander PRO itself might be bad. That flickering isn't supposed to happen at all. You need to contact tech support.

even if i use the regular manual controller it doesnt work, I've bought both commander pro and controller twice and they both did the same thing. is QC that bad with this products that it can fail twice bought new?

The regular manual controller? You mean the hub and control that came with the 570X?

The 570X is only capable of supporting SP RGB fans.

I bought the HD Manual hub and controller that came in a 3 pack of HD120s and still doing the same thing that the Commander pro does. I removed the Standard SP hub and controller that came with the 570x

• Corsair Employee

I'm going to ask a silly question and you have every right to be offended by it.

In the photos you have the lighting strips disconnected, all six HD RGB fans connected to the RGB hub, and the RGB hub connected to LED channel 1 on your Commander PRO.

In the Corsair Link software, do you have LED channel 1 configured for six HD RGB fans specifically?

My next question is, if you remove the fan connected to RGB port 5 and replace it with the one connected to port 6, does the problem persist? What about if you remove the fan connected to RGB port 4 and move the other two down?

I'm going to ask a silly question and you have every right to be offended by it.

In the photos you have the lighting strips disconnected, all six HD RGB fans connected to the RGB hub, and the RGB hub connected to LED channel 1 on your Commander PRO.

In the Corsair Link software, do you have LED channel 1 configured for six HD RGB fans specifically?

My next question is, if you remove the fan connected to RGB port 5 and replace it with the one connected to port 6, does the problem persist? What about if you remove the fan connected to RGB port 4 and move the other two down?

Not offended lol but yes i have them as RGB HD fans and nothing else, i removed the strips for now because i got them working so i know they are not the issues. and yess i have unplugged 5 and 6 and switched them and same issues, i have plugged 1-4 in port 5-6 and they dont light up either, I've bought 4 diff fans and connected in ports 5-6 and they wont light up either. All fans i connect in ports 1-4 work fine even the ones I've tested on ports 5-6. This issue persists with even after buying and trying 4 LED HUBS and its always the same issue

• 1 year later...
I have the same stuff rgb cooler fans and light strips mine are all corsair maybe that is the diff. but when I installed the commander and loaded icue instead of link it was so easy to set up and now everything works and the effects are awesome. I think you might have better luck going with Icue. Just my thought. Link is the old stuff icue is then new so I am to understand.

It looks like the Commander PRO itself might be bad. That flickering isn't supposed to happen at all. You need to contact tech support.

I'm having a similar problem. It all started when I installed my H115i cooler and 4 LED strips. Now 2 of my 4 LL FANS only turn on their LEDs, port 1, 2; ports 3,4,5&6 don't.

I replaced the LED FAN Hud but the issue persists.

All the 4 Fans were working Ok before the cooler and LED strip installation. I did similar troubleshooting like you, switched the fans from port to port, fans were working, took of strips and cooler from the Commander, etc.

I installed Link first and then iCUE.

Archived