Corsair Community

VOID USB won't work on USB3.0 after update

keenhydra

Hello there,

The title should explain this post pretty much already.

This morning I updated the firmware of my VOID USB headset to version v0.17.

After the fact I got prompted to complete the update by replugging the headset, so I did.

However, CUE did not recognise the headset after it being plugged in again(into the USB Passtrough on my K70 Rapidfire keyboard).

So I started trying different USB ports on my pc in order to find out if it worked or not. And it turns out that the Headset now only works on USB2.0 ports and no longer on USB3.0 ports.

The issue was easy to resolve by plugging the Passtrough usb on the back of my pc into a USB2.0 port and replugging my Headset into the keyboard.

I was just wondering if this issue can be inverted so the headset works on all ports again instead of just a select few.

Thank you,

Hydra

• 3 weeks later...

Updated firmware because it asked me to. Now it playsback at 100% volume all the time regardless of settings in CUE, regardless of scrollwheel and regardless of programs using the headphones like teamspeak/mumble.

I run a setup where I have my Speakers as standard output, but have set the Void as standard communications device. The scrollwheel on the back USED to adjust the volume on the communications device (i.e. the void) while leaving my standard output at the volume it was.

currently the scrollwheel adjusts the output of the standard output device (speakers) and doesn't control its own volume anymore.

drivers and firmware updated. tried the top post's way of reactivating the HID access. no dice.

Archived