Corsair Community

Issues with CUE & USB Pass-Through Plug

Xebeche

I have a K70 RGB (received it a while ago when my previous Corsair keyboard was replaced after exhibiting the first issue below, but only just started using it).

I’ve noticed several problems, and I’m using CUE 2.6.70, but I also experimented with version 1.16.42 and had / have similar issues.

1) The keyboard seems to work, but sometimes after waking my PC from sleep, I notice the lighting isn’t what I intended. Checking CUE, it says it can’t find the device. A restart corrects this until it happens again.

2) Even though this keyboard doesn’t have a USB pass-through, there are two USB plugs. When I connect them both, my Device Manager shows “Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”

3) CUE 2.6.70 generates an error when checking for updates. I believe I read elsewhere in the forum that this is beta software and the update portion isn’t working yet. That’s not great, but what I find a bit more irritating is that, without actually searching, I had no idea this wasn’t a release version. The download page doesn’t say it's a beta unless I missed it somehow.

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.

1) Several peoples already mentioned this issue, Corsair is improving on it with each release though.

2) You only need both cables in case you are using 2 x USB 2.0 ports, if you are using USB 3.0 just plug in the cable with the keyboard on it. The other cable is used for additional power when using USB 2.0. If you are using USB 3.0 and plugging them both in, that might explain the error you are seeing in the device manager.

3) 2.6.70 is a stable release, CUE 2 has been released as stable since 2.4. However CUE 2 is still quite a new version and they want to improve it more in these first releases. The update checker is still setup for CUE 1.x only until they improve CUE 2 further with the feedback from the first releases.

You can find the CUE 2.x open beta forum here for further questions about it: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=276 - And yes, even thought it is called open beta, the software is a stable release at this point as I already mentioned above.

Archived