Corsair Community

Is The K70 LUX RGB Cherry MX Blue Discontinued? Is it going to come back in stock?

tumor_fish

Questions About the Corsair K70 Lux RGB in Cherry MX Blue

I want a keyboard in Cherry MX Blue, and I want it to be RGB. This was surprisingly hard to find a good one.

The k70 is a blessed keyboard, the looks, the lights, the wrist wrest, the media keys, everything about it is sick. But they stopped making it on Cherry Mx Blue.

But they brought back the Blues in the new K70 LUX, which I was so exicted about. But I have so many concerns about it.

First of all, why are the Blues out of stock EVERYWHERE? On corsairs website, it is not on Amazon anymore, not on newegg anymore. WTF

And so many people are complaining about the blue switches. How some of them dont click properly, and they are muchy. A bunch of people say the setting in period fixed it on a few days.

I went to Canadacomputers and placed a back order, but after all the problems with the switches, I dont know if I should get it anymore. But I dont see any other options for Cherry MX Blue RGB.

And how long will it take to some back in stock anywhere, but espicially at Canadacomputers? Are they even still making them in Blue? Because I have no problem finding the other switches.

Thank you :biggrin:

again i like i mention in your last post

RGB keyboard with Cherry Blues are only produced in small batches. Because of issues with the keys they have to go through more QA testing. It is very likely they have sold out and wont be getting more in for a while but contact the store to be sure.

Dont repost the same question over and over...

but it must be **** QC because everyone is saying there r so many problems with stiff keys and stuff. a lot said the break in period fixed it, but not really all of it.

Well, the switches QC falls on Cherry and not Corsair so go complain to them :p:

That said, as Inheritance already mentioned, they only do blue switches batches from time to time. If you subscribe to their newsletter you'll get an email when one is available.

i asked the same thing on reddit and someone said this:

I asked the devs at PAX West and they said they didn't have plans to make more than one batch with blues, they were essentially an exclusive for PAX and they sold the leftovers on the website. Sorry, but I think you're out of luck. :(

Here's the answer I got from Corsair Henry :

If anything, I would say that it is more discontinued for NOW than back ordered. Once awhile, we will release a limited run of the blue switches. I would suggest that you sign up for the Corsair newsletter, so when we release it again you will be the first to know.

• Corsair Employee
Here's the answer I got from Corsair Henry :

If anything, I would say that it is more discontinued for NOW than back ordered. Once awhile, we will release a limited run of the blue switches. I would suggest that you sign up for the Corsair newsletter, so when we release it again you will be the first to know.

Those are my words :D:

Since I live in Canada, I just hope that when they release a new batch, they will be available through the main canadian distributors, like amazon.ca.

Unlikely, as far as I know when they have a blue switches batch they usually sell it through their own site. At least I think that's what happened with past batches (and that's why you have to subscribe to their newsletter so you'll be notified about it).

Thanks for the info. Grrrr, after the currency conversion and the duty fees, this is going to cost me over $300.

Besides, I think that any major mechanical keyboard brand (even those that target gamers first) should make sure there's a mx blues version readily available from all their distributors. I understand they're usually not gamers prefered switches, but still... we're talking about mx blues.

Since they are doing limited runs it makes it easier for them to handle selling them on their own site rather than shipping low volumes around. If they had a more steady blue switches supply they would probably send the keyboards to 3rd party sellers too just like they do for other type of switches.

I understand. Canada isn't even listed in the shipping options on their global website though. Corsair Henry, when you get a chance, do you think you could tell me what my options are if I want to get one when they release the next batch ? Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

does anyone know how long untill they relese a new batch?

I have contacted corsair so many times and still cant get any consistent answers. Some say they were discontinued, some say they are still being made, some say they will come out with new batches, some say only from their website, and some say that canadacomputers will get another shipment and fulfill my back order.

i just need an answer so i know wether to wait or not, because if not i am going to go with the razer BWX or the KM780

They are still made, but they only make limited runs from time to time when they have enough blue switches. Blue switches require a more in-depth QA and thus are slower to come in compared to red/brown/silent and so on.

If you want an official answer here on the forum, you are out of luck. The only "official" answer they ever give here on the forum is to subscribe to their newsletter so that you will be notified when a new batch comes out.

EDIT: Corsair Henry already replied to this thread too actually => http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=877427&postcount=9

• 2 weeks later...
but it must be **** QC because everyone is saying there r so many problems with stiff keys and stuff. a lot said the break in period fixed it, but not really all of it.

Let me explain one thing cherry mx rgb blue has a lot of problems(the switch on it's own) It's quieter than the normal cherry mx blue and the fact that the led switch is placed at the bottom causes lots of problems with production. the rgb blue switch is terrible i'd get normal mx blue.

Let me explain one thing cherry mx rgb blue has a lot of problems(the switch on it's own) It's quieter than the normal cherry mx blue and the fact that the led switch is placed at the bottom causes lots of problems with production. the rgb blue switch is terrible i'd get normal mx blue.

yup... that pretty much why keyboards are released in small controlled batches lol

I can't comment on the K70 lux RGB. It's quite possible that the new RGB mx blue switches have more issues than the traditionnal ones. But what I can tell you is that I own 2 Duckys and a Filco majestouch 2 (all mx blues), and for the first 1-2 weeks, the switches on the Filco and one of the Duckys were barely clicky (they sounded almost like mx browns). After that break in period, all the keys on these 2 boards were clicky and consistent as they shoud be.

Archived