Corsair Community

Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.3.70

stevvie

Just in case people have missed it a new version is out Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.3.70. NO change log that I can see. And why would they release it SO close to Christmas with their track record of breaking things. Oh well,It's on their download page http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/support/downloads At least they've kept 1.2.77 up there as you just know some people will need it.

One big thing for me that is fixed from 1.2.77 to 1.3.70 is that the whole keyboard no longer flickers when changing lighting modes.

Hi. I'm having some issues with and questions about the CUE software.

1. why does it need to connect to the internet all the time? If I disallow CUE to connect to the internet the program gets stuck in some loop (it just can't except it's disallowed to connect to the internet) which causes a very high CPU-load!!. Cue doens't offer any options to disable update checks/ data uploads

Seriously............ CUE gathers all kind of personal information. (what programs I use,etc) I don't want it to connect to the internet at all. Ever. ONLY EXCEPTION: a manual update check.

Question: which data is sent to corsair excactly?

2. Why is CUE using 200mb of ram while it's a gaming keyboard ?

Most of that 200 mb is because of picture for different keyboards...... If the user removes those unnecessary pictures manually the memory usage can be reduced to 30 MB ( That's a 170MB reduction!!!) This can be fixed on the development side.

Can someone from Corsair please react and tell me if those points will get attention . Especially number1 is very important. I didn't pay all those euros to give up control of my privacy. I just wanted a nice keyboard.

Edit] Edited for grammar and spelling

Release Notes (1.3.70)

Enhancements

• Displays the software version in Settings > Program.

• Added button in Settings > Program to check availability of new software version.

Fixes

• A large number of different bugs (almost 40), including several related to import/export of profiles.

I've also noticed that profiles don't flicker when switching between them.

Nice! :D

Happy Holidays!

I'll take the no more flickering between profile/mode switching, looks great. :)

Another fix that people will surely enjoy:

- You can now rebind keys and have multiple of them pressed and the software properly recognizes them.

Someone had posted that they had rebound WASD to G14/16/17/18 and they couldn't move diagonally, I had setup a binding to test this and it was unfortunately the case. But not anymore! Works fine now. :)

Nice! :D

Happy Holidays!

I'll take the no more flickering between profile/mode switching, looks great. :)

Another fix that people will surely enjoy:

- You can now rebind keys and have multiple of them pressed and the software properly recognizes them.

Someone had posted that they had rebound WASD to G14/16/17/18 and they couldn't move diagonally, I had setup a binding to test this and it was unfortunately the case. But not anymore! Works fine now. :)

Thank you for this information.

This was one thing that I really wanted fixed before getting one of these.

I bet much more will be fixed by the time mine ships in Febuary haha.

edit: Corsair you should update your stickies, I've been checking this board almost every day and I had no idea you were releasing updates.

Just unboxed my K95 RGB, downloaded the latest CUE from website, tried to install it but my PC froze. Restarted and tried again, same issue. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit

Any help is highly appreciated.

I would uninstall cue and then delete corsair folder in C/drive then re-install.

Thanks for the update, but keyboard LEDs still crash in the new cue engine:(: It actually froze the led faster? Oh well. Can only hope Corsair can fix this soon?

Just unboxed my K95 RGB, downloaded the latest CUE from website, tried to install it but my PC froze. Restarted and tried again, same issue. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit

Any help is highly appreciated.

The installer works until it says "Installing Drivers 1/2" , loading bars goes halfway through and then my PC chokes..

http://gyazo.com/ccd67525bbc5454918a68ad553df6c0e

its a good improvement however on-board memory still dose not work.

before 1.3 moving keyboard to a fresh program no information from the keyboard could be saved

after 1.3 only the (static)light profile saved on the board from default can be set all special light settings and macros are lost and have to be rebound ... uggh

memory usage jumped from 180 to 200

Why is CUE using 200mb of ram while it's a gaming keyboard ?

Most of that 200 mb is because of picture for different keyboards...... If the user removes those unnecessary pictures manually the memory usage can be reduced to 30 MB ( That's a 170MB reduction!!!) This can be fixed on the development side.

Because of lazy programing as the software loads EVERY image from C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices\(keybaord model)\image into memory. Quit Cue, Delete the ones you dont want. Then it goes from 189mb down to 59 mb.

Because of lazy programing as the software loads EVERY image from C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices\(keybaord model)\image into memory. Quit Cue, Delete the ones you dont want. Then it goes from 189mb down to 59 mb.

Thanks for this info reduced from 186.564Mb to 26.936Mb. Just keep the NA if in US:laughing:

still freezes steam (actually, it's worse now. the directwrite workaround is no longer effective, at least for me.)

still freezes xbmc/kodi

still causes windows 8.1 to take 3+ minutes to log in, in spite of the presence of an SSD

still requires the user to delete irrelevant images from the CUE folder, or else have them all load into RAM without cause

I wouldn't include patch notes, either.

still freezes steam (actually, it's worse now. the directwrite workaround is no longer effective, at least for me.)

still freezes xbmc/kodi

still causes windows 8.1 to take 3+ minutes to log in, in spite of the presence of an SSD

still requires the user to delete irrelevant images from the CUE folder, or else have them all load into RAM without cause

I wouldn't include patch notes, either.

^

This

I'm having all these issues too and it's doing my head in. It took 5 mins to log into windows this morning. Normally it takes 4 secs This keyboard needs some major fixes asap?

For me at least, it appears that it is working with Steam with the newest version (1.3.70), albeit I have no active lighting effects or type lighting active (the latter of which I would really like to enable, but do not want to have to restart my computer to fix if it breaks again). The keyboard still crashes if the caps-lock key is spammed though...

I notice a lot of you say "spam capslock". I dont even need to spam it. If I hit it twice it freezes my keyboard until I replug it. Also had it freeze when a friend got online and steam announced it with its little popup. And this is all random. I can hit capslock 15 times in a row, it doesnt freeze. Ten minutes later, hit it on accident, hit it again, boom, freeze. Other times I can turn on steam, and its fine, then I get a steam update, it restarts, boom, freeze.

I am willing to believe part of the problem is its a new piece of hardware and they are ironing out the kinks, but at the same time I do worry that they jumped the gun and made a "gaming" keyboard that doesnt work with the biggest gaming monopoly....I mean service in PC gaming today. Also afraid six months from now itll be "Hey guys! WE FIXED IT! Just BUY hardware revision 2.5!"....

Archived