Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

Our customers spoke, we listened. ::pirate::

Sorry for the delay, I am in a different time zone from HQ. Here's the update from 10/03/14. ::pirate::

Last week we pointed out the availability of a Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB keyboards with red switches for fans of our Corsair “sails” logo. We have since rolled up our sleeves to see just how many additional “sails” logo versions we can add to our line. The answer is 11 configurations which were based on requests we’ve received. We also added a matching M65 RGB mouse.

• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK, Nordic (US now, UK/Nordic available late November)

• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available late November)

• Vengeance K95 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available late November)

• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available mid October)

• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available mid October)

• M65 RGB – black (late November)

Both Corsair Gaming and Vengeance branded products are made to the same level of precision and are awesome. We promise.

We hear You.

As many of you know we launched our new Corsair Gaming line of peripherals this week. We’ve received a ton of feedback on the products and new logo. We are amazed and humbled by the passion our customers have for the original Corsair sails logo. The ship + sails are here to stay and will continue to be used on all Corsair PC component products.

However, we know many of you prefer the classic logo on our keyboards, and you’ve made your voices heard. For those of you looking for the new K70 RGB with the original sails logo, it’s currently available in North America from Newegg – just look for the SKU CH-9000063-NA. What’s more, as a direct result of your feedback, we will continue to sell and manufacture the Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB with Cherry MX Red switches, with the sails logo, via select retailers and Corsair.com.

Let’s keep talking! ::pirate::

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok then, lets keep talking!

What about for those who want blue switches?

Funny really, as reds are often most associated with gaming and blues are more associated with people who want the keyboards more more productive purposes - and hence would be the ones who would want the logo less.

Thank you in earnest for your response.

Well... this is progress, for sure. Perhaps (only just perhaps) you guys really are listening.

As good a first step as this is though, it needs to be a first step in a sequence of others I think. This doesn't too much to address the issue of the brown or blue switch keyboards, or the K95. Regarding the K70 browns and blues, I not so humbly suggest that if you can still manufacture the old logo boards with red switches, you can also do so with some blues and browns. Cherry switches are of course, modular. The changeover shouldn't be all that bad, and could be covered by perhaps a very modest markup for what would effectively be a premium product, even if in appearance only.

A good-faith statement of intent to do so, with even a very rough timeline, would go a long way to show that you guys REALLY do listen, on more than just a superficial level.

Admittedly, the K95s would be a separate issue altogether. Since as far as I know you guys haven't actually made any with the old logo, and they'd use notably different components for the outer case, but if you guys do start moving a step further, and at least declare your intent to do something about the other K70 RGB models, it will foster some more good will that is desperately needed here.

At least now it's a dialogue.

Wonderful news and thanks for quickly adjusting to the feedback, it's definitely a good first step to remedy this situation. However, I still have $170 burning a hole in my pocket because I need cherry mx BLUE switches for typing. If your going to be picky about a certain switch getting the non gaming Corsair treatment then the mx brown or blues make the most sense.

WELL this is progress, however Revengencer Alf has a point that non gamers tend to use blue and brown switches.

I want to see a Corsair K95 RGB Brown switches with the good old logo we all love, therefore i will continue to advocate and voice my opinion daily until this is achieved. (i even made a twitter just to tweet you)

MY guess is you have a ton of bad logo K95 RGBs and the other keyboards. So i guess 'ill continue to advocate while i wait for you to sell all those off. I see you reasoning, because if you were to announce that ALL you keyboards will bring back the old branding it would get a lot harder to get rid of the bad logo keyboards for you.

Corsair fans: Continue to support and spread the petition until Corsair decides to use its classic logo on ALL its RGB keyboards:

This should not be an option. The logo was fine. It is clear that everyone is disturbed by your poor choice. The person who made the decision to change and the unqualified person who designed the new logo should no longer work for your company. This is pathetic. You guys have went against everything that you have done previously and undercut all of your customers that buy your product for the premium build and taste. I'm saddened and now will not be upgrading to the new RGB keyboard and mouse that I so desperately wanted. Fix this problem immediately. Sitting on your hands and "listening" is not action. At the very least make a statement that you are in the process of changing back or finding a new classier gaming logo. This will keep customers like myself waiting a bit longer before we jump ship to a better company. Yes pun intended.

Corsair should also offer the blues and browns with Sails logo, just make a new SKU for it... it really isn't that hard. It makes more sense as blues and browns are actually geared towards more typing than gaming (subjective, but hey options, right?) so your end users can choose between Corsair standard or Corsair Gaming across your range of products.

This also applies to the Mouse as well.

just make a new SKU for it... it really isn't that hard.

Managing and selling additional SKUs actually is a fair amount of more work and money. In fact, sometimes it's a lot of money. Some retailers charge you a large listing/shelving fee, sometimes as much as $75,000 to list each SKU. So, it's not just a matter of registering a new UPC and printing a new box and sticker.

I'm a software developer, and I was looking forward to getting a K70 RGB w/ brown switches, but I don't really want to identify with the whole "gaming" culture.

It's actually very hard to find a decent mechanical keyboard with "cool" features like per-key configurable backlighting that doesn't have all the stupid macro keys...

In sum: Is there any chance we could get these keyboards with the old logo and brown switches too?

This is only for red switches. 9000063 has been available for a month already. The furor has been for those holding out for browns and blues. I think this doesn't fully address the issue.

As far as manufacturing is concerned, it's merely installing one color switch instead of the other.

Help us out!

If the original logo model will be available for red switches, it doesn't seem like that big a deal to also make it available for brown or blue switches. If Corsair is dead set on selling the new kiddie models I see no reason why they can't keep selling them at Best Buy or wherever. Corsair = Quality = Tasteful

Very good to hear that Corsair has listened to their customers.

But from your post it seems like the "good" corsair logo will only be available on keyboards with MX Reds, is this the case?

For a person in Denmark is it even likely to ever see a K70 RGB keyboard with blue switches, with the proper logo? - Because when you say "select retailers" I instantly think of something exclusive to the US.

Managing and selling additional SKUs actually is a fair amount of more work and money. In fact, sometimes it's a lot of money. Some retailers charge you a large listing/shelving fee, sometimes as much as $75,000 to list each SKU. So, it's not just a matter of registering a new UPC and printing a new box and sticker.

yeah i hear ya, and i agree. i just kinda didn't type out my entire chain of thought.

what i meant to say was they could sell the non-gaming versions on their own webstore, as the people that know about these products will know corsair anyways, and this wouldn't cost much if at all. and they do not need to design new boxes, i have the rgb with the original sails logo since day 1, their box is a generic "k70 rgb" box and the mx red label is a sticker, along with the UPC sticker, those are easily printable and im sure corsair originally intended to do so, otherwise they would have been hard printed on the box (the mx red label i mean)

where as the new exposure they want for the general "gaming" demographic, those can be sold at other retailers such as bestbuy or fry's or whatever corsair plans to sell them at, as they do now.

Our customers spoke, we listened. ::pirate::

This doesn't help. I'm waiting on an order for K70 rgb with brown switches and m65 rgb but don't want "Gaming" plastered in yellow on top of them both. My finger is hovering over the cancel order button at Amazon. I'm only hesitating to see if Corsair will offer a compromise or alternate so I don't have to have gamer looking things on my desk.

And please don't tell me the alternative is the currently available Vengeance rgb with reds. I WORK at my keyboard typing 90%, other tasks, browsing, etc 5%, and game 5%. Don't want red switches, need the browns.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to further response from Corsair very soon.

I want everything i own to match (and also not look like a tramp stamp)

I went to Best Buy, and got a (old logo) M65, and Vengence 2100 headset yesterday because they match my K95 Keyboard, Corsair case, Corsair Water cooler, Corsair PSU, Corsair Ram(well i guess you cant see the ram logo), and Corsair fans.

Call me OCD, but making sure everything matches is important to me. If i could have bought a RGB version with the old logo yesterday i would have, but all they had was the new gaming logo. I am glad that Corsair is second guessing there logo choice, but i hope that future products can carry the original logo too.

Having a k95 i have to RMA because of a LED defect makes me want a RGB instead because they fixed that issue from what i understand, but not with the new logo.

Linus Tech Tips

Fix Your "Corsair Gaming" Logo - Super Legit Modding Guide

Whilst this is sarcastic in intent, it does show that the logo is on a separate bit. They could simply include both logos in the box with peelable sticky on the back and let the user choose what one to apply.

Archived