Corsair Community

M65/M95 Tracking Update

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee
We have been listening to your feedback and working with Pixart (manufacturer of the ADNS 9800 laser sensor) to understand the “lag” some customers have seen with M65 and M95. We believe that we have a fix and are planning to have a beta firmware update that should address this in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned as we’ll be putting it up here first.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's only been a few days, but any update on the direction/progress of this fix would be really nice.

I got the mouse a week or so ago and loved everything about it's design and physical feel (amazingly sturdy, good weight, etc) but noticed a small amount of lag. Messed around with the software, actually found that setting the lift height to low and the polling rate to 500 took away a decent amount of what I thought to the be the lag, but ultimately felt that there was still a small amount of lag when comparing it to a friends mouse or to my old mouse.

That all being said, I really like the mouse in all other regards so I'd love to know whether or not I'll be able to use it; because even though all the other aspects are amazingly solid, the lag makes it somewhat hard to use.

I have found a fix that actually works. Been waiting for ages for Corsair to sort out the acceleration issue. The following link - notably the registry hack in 1.1 of the post removes some leftover windows acceleration which seems to be interfering with the installed Corsair drivers. Once I did this it was like having a new mouse. Very accurate now. It basically stops the mouse acting like an idiot. Be sure to follow the rest of the tips as they are really helpful and make the M65 really good to use.

Give it a try guys and let me know if it works for you. Be sure to read the readme in the zip file and remember to reboot afterwards as logging off users as suggested didn't work for me.

I really hope this help you guys as much as it has me.

Link: http://bbs.afo.91.com/showthread.php?t=3339

I've used that before and it's great for removing extra acceleration but as far as I know, it's a different problem that some of the people here are experiencing. Rather than acceleration, it's a very small (yet noticeable) amount of input lag when you move the mouse.

I tried that fix again because I couldn't remember whether or not it was a prior windows install that i had used it on in the past and the problem still seems to be here, at least the one I had been experiencing.

That utility is great though, really nice for removing windows based acceleration.

Really looking forward to this fix. I hope that it can make this mouse what it is supposed to be. Otherwise, i hope I can return it, since I live in Croatia.

Been having M65 for a week now, and i can confirm this "lag" when compared to Death Adder Black Edition, which i had for a year. Difference is obvious, and it can not go unnoticed. Also my brother can confirm this, and he is also using Death Adder BE for more than a year now.

I also noticed that lag kinda progresses over longer movement period. After a standstill, it is ok, but shortly after, it becomes laggy and then even more laggyer.

Also i would not mind this mouse having 6000 or 4000 max dpi, if it would make it as precise as it MUST be!

Just a general update on the problem for those interested. Apparently logitech released an update for the G500s that seemed to have fixed their problem so it seems that a firmware update is, at least in their case, able to fix the input lag caused by the sensor.

• Corsair Employee

HI all, here are the links to our beta firmware which should fix some of the issues that have been reported by a few of our users.

Please keep in mind that this is a beta firmware so you may experience adverse effects when attempting to update your device. Please let me know if you experience such an issue so I can report it back to engineering. Include the device you had, the software you're using, and your system specifications. If this also fixes your issue, I would like to know as well.

If you are not experiencing any issues with your mouse, I would recommend to not apply the beta firmware until we finalize it for wide release.

M65: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqr0r54qul247su/M65FwUpdate%202.26%20sw-1.3.zip

M95: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfpivrg7vj9t2fm/M95FwUpdate%202.24%20sw-1.3.zip

Downloading and testing now. I'll update in a few minutes.

Edit: Using my M65, as far as I can tell, testing back to back with a roommate's deathadder, the extra input lag is either gone or diminished to such a small enough amount that I'm no longer able to notice it. Keep in mind that it was definitely noticeable when testing back to back with my roommates mouse the other day when I originally was messing around with the lag, so at the very least, the latency is vastly lower.

No problems installing/flashing the firmware. If I have any problems surface I'll be sure to post 'em here.

Would like to give a deserved thumbs-up to the support staff. I really loved every aspect of this mouse and am very glad that I'm able to now use it properly.

@Kasai, Agreed on all accounts, upgraded my M65 with no issues, mouse is much more responsive and on par with what I would expect. Nice job Corsair!!!

quick update, played a bit of tf2 and Wow, it is so much better. I hate to say it because it's so negative, but without this update the M65s performance is pretty awful considering it's being marketed as a high performance, and high accuracy gaming mouse. I can confidently say now that that those claims are true and that the mouse preforms excellent, and is (in my opinion) worth every penny. Again big ups/thank you to Corsair for rolling out an update to address these issues.

Today got m65 in the mail and then before i unpacked it i stumbled on avago 9800 problem posts. i choked a little, but as i saw that the problem is probably only in software/firmware i was confident it could be resolved. now i can use my mouse, cos without the fix the mouse was totally unusable for me when i got around to try it. im very specific and demading about that stuff and im glad the solution is at hand :) my another mouse for laptop is g400, it was gonna be a band aid until m65 got fixed. i just cannot get how such annoying and extremely gamebreaking bug got through in almost all manufacturers that use this new sensor. Please post what exactly was going on with the input lag error and how did you fix it, im curious.

I have updated my M95 to the beta firmware 2.24 provided in this thread.

The mouse input lag is solved.

I notice no difference to a Steelseries Sensei (Avago 9500 sensor). I have both mice plugged into my PC and operating them simultaneously.

Great job Corsair for providing us a beta firmware and actually caring about your customers. Thank you and greetings from Germany.

Windows 8 64-bit

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe / gen 3

my M95 is acting strange. When I go to scroll down it jumps all over and the page. When I'm on a page and try to scroll it, well I cannot scroll it, it goes to the bottom of every page and there is no steady scrolling. How can I fix this. I have download several sites that claim to have driver updates, but all it is, is a program to sell me a driver update program and I don't need that. I want a safe site to download my driver for this mouse.

So it's fixed then huh? Damn, wish they fixed it earlier and I didn't have to go for M60 instead of M65. Sigh...

It would've been very bad publicity if every brand flagship product was deemed unusable for gaming. Anyways it's fixed finally so it seems :)) And i just bought an m65 :biggrin: Im really curious how avago 9800 fares against avago 9500 now..

My m65 worked perfectly after i updated the firmware, but now I just rebooted my pc en there seems to be a driver error. When I click "properties" on the mouse in "devices and Printers" I see an exclamation mark in front of "Corsair M65 Gaming Mouse Human Interface Devices" When i click that it tells me there is a problem with the driver.

Device status:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

The mouse is not working at this point. Only the LED's are on but the buttons and sensor are not working.

edit: Fixed it while i was typing this post. I just updated the "Corsair M65 Gaming Mouse Human Interface Devices" driver manually and now its working again.

• Corsair Employee
Just wondering if this firmware update can be run through USB 3.0 cause the previous update bricked my M95 when I ran through USB 3.0.

If not, I'll have to do it on my old laptop which actually has a USB 2.0 port.

If it is an Intel USB 3.0 port, then it should be without issues. If it is a third party controller, it starts getting a little more blurry.

Ok I have no idea if this has anything to do with this update, but after using this firmware for about 4 days my m65 just died. I was using it a bit while watching youtube and it just stopped working. Its not even recognised by windows anymore. While I plug it into my pc the led flashes once and thats it. Iv'e allready tested it in other pc's and it doesnt work either.

• Corsair Employee
Ok I have no idea if this has anything to do with this update, but after using this firmware for about 4 days my m65 just died. I was using it a bit while watching youtube and it just stopped working. Its not even recognised by windows anymore. While I plug it into my pc the led flashes once and thats it. Iv'e allready tested it in other pc's and it doesnt work either.

Put in a RMA request and we can get it exchanged for you.

Archived