Corsair Community

H105 vs H100i vs H100i GTX? + Case 780T ?

RodrigoDRT

Hi guys, long story short.

Currently i have mid tower fit with a H80i rear mount n a push/pull outside in configuration, recently i've purchased an 780T case and im planning to upgrade the WC solution, and the H100i and H100i GTX were my first options after seeing some benchmarks I got confused a lot because in some one was better than the other, so i cant really tell whats best...

Theres the H110, but altough is a 'higher' number, i've got a lot of divided opinions saying how its too simple and the pump, less effective.

Now H110i GT? with 140 fans, would it fit the 780t without hassle or mods? its a bit more costy than the H100i/GTX, would the performance compensate the costs?

any inputs would be very welcome as im not nowhere near expert with WC , ty in advance!

• Corsair Employee

The 780T will fit literally any of our coolers. Your processor is going to hit its heat wall long before the increased heat capacity of our bigger coolers becomes a factor.

So what it comes down to is noise. Even an H75 will get the job done on your CPU, H80i GT will do a better job, H100i GTX will be quieter, H110i GT will be quieter still.

The 780T will fit literally any of our coolers. Your processor is going to hit its heat wall long before the increased heat capacity of our bigger coolers becomes a factor.

So what it comes down to is noise. Even an H75 will get the job done on your CPU, H80i GT will do a better job, H100i GTX will be quieter, H110i GT will be quieter still.

Thanks for the reply, I should have update my specs a little, however it wont differ much, aside from the fact that I'm running in a nice 4.3ghz OC @ 1.232V, with my smaller case and H80i, i can hit at max, usually, 72C, average of 65C on load.

With prime 95, it will peak 75C easily, but i believe its still quite safe for a 4770k.

Now, since the 780t will simply fit anything, i'll go for the larger radiators wcs, H100 and up, and also since it will fit the 140mm H110i GT... I suppose I'll go with this one after all, hopelly i'll get some extra temperature room for my ever dreamed 4.4 24/7 OC...

Archived