Corsair Community

Padlock 3 Speed?

SolidStateUser

I have just purchased a Padlock 3 64Gb. Before loading it with ~30Gb and then locking it, I'm first checking speed.

What should be the reasonable, real-world sequential read and write speed, using Crystal Disk Mark:

• On a direct USB3 port on a Win7-64 machine?
  • On a Dyconn USB3 hub on a Win10-64 machine?

I'm not asking the theoretical max, which is not a reasonable benchmark. Instead, I'm asking the real-world range to expect, just to confirm the drive is functioning correctly.

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

put in a support ticket with Corsair

Toasted, thanks for the suggestion! I'd already done so. Corsair's response:

Unfortunately we dont have specific details for these questions. As those info where not advertised and we also based on the details/specification provided on the website. But the speed should be identical with other USB devices where the speed could differ depends on the type of USB port. Thank you .

I'd not have raised the issue were the drive not bench-marking significantly slower than theoretical USB3. Thus, I may have to convert the "info request" ticket to a "defective product" ticket in order to get a practical answer.

• Administrators
I'd not have raised the issue were the drive not bench-marking significantly slower than theoretical USB3. Thus, I may have to convert the "info request" ticket to a "defective product" ticket in order to get a practical answer.
If you feel it's slow and would like it replaced they'll replace it for you, but they can't get you specific numbers.

Archived