Corsair Community

Metal gaming keycaps

mouseno4

These Ok to use?

Just planning on getting simple China specials for the main keys, QWERWASDF as well as the arrow keys.

I tend to wear out my gaming specific keys very quickly - months, not years. So for my newer keyboard, the K70 LUX RGB, I have decided to purchase metal keys that I cannot wear out.

I have already started to notice one of my keycaps wearing out with only a few weeks of use. Specifically the D key, where the paint has started to wear off. Right now, the paint loss is only the size of a pin head, but over time, that will increase and appear on all the most used keycaps.

As long as they have Cherry MX compatible stems, there's not really any reason you can't use them.

Things to keep in mind:

1. The keys will feel different and bottom out more easily.

2. Zinc keys will eventually corrode.

I am not overly fussed on how they feel to be honest. And as for Zinc corroding, they might corrode yes, but plastic will wear out much much sooner as my previous high end keyboard can attest (so worn you can't even see the WASD).

Two things:

All the metal keys i have seen aren't solid, but dipped/coated. I would imagine a heavy metal key would feel very different.

PBT keycaps wont wear out. I think corsiars are ABS, like most manufacturers.

You might want to look into doubleshot PBT keycaps. They are just entering the market and should last forever.

Two things:

All the metal keys i have seen aren't solid, but dipped/coated. I would imagine a heavy metal key would feel very different.

PBT keycaps wont wear out. I think Corsairs are ABS, like most manufacturers.

You might want to look into doubleshot PBT keycaps. They are just entering the market and should last forever.

Wow thank you. This is important information for me so I will definitely go check out PBT keycaps if what you say is true.

The reason I want tough as nails keycaps is because regardless of how much I pay, I always wear off the paint and end up with a clear circle on the keycap where the letter would have been.

Doubleshot PBT caps do not wear out. You would have to basically disintegrate the cap for the lettering to come off...

As for metal caps, I've heard mixed things about them. I love my PBT set though

I have heard the same thing for the ''pro'' level of gaming keyboards. Yep, they do in fact wear out.

As for PBT keycaps, I will give them a shot and hopefully there isn't any BS.

Archived