Corsair Community

Strafe RGB disassembly

NyanBaklajan

Hi, i spilled some juice on my Strafe RGB and wanted to wash plate w/ switches with isopropyl solution, but i cant detach plastic plate on front side of the keyboard. I detached plastic mounts on bottom and sides, but on top of keyboard (where usb cable and winlock key) i cant do it. Can somebody explain how i can detach it?

P.S. All keys work fine, i have no glitches or something, but switches just sticky on keys: RAlt, FN, RCtrl, RShift, Enter, \, Backspase; and other keys on the right side of keyboards including numpad

I would consult the mechanical keyboards sub on reddit. They have a page on how to open many popular keyboards.

From that list, I see someone mention that the STRAFE RGB has hidden screws underneath the rubber feet. I have not verified this though, so please - continue carefully. I'm only pointing to potential information.

Also, for anyone reading this thread looking to dissemble the keyboard, it most definitely will void the warranty, and you should only attempt this if the product is out of warranty (like in the case of a spill).

I would consult the mechanical keyboards sub on reddit. They have a page on how to open many popular keyboards.

From that list, I see someone mention that the STRAFE RGB has hidden screws underneath the rubber feet. I have not verified this though, so please - continue carefully. I'm only pointing to potential information.

Also, for anyone reading this thread looking to dissemble the keyboard, it most definitely will void the warranty, and you should only attempt this if the product is out of warranty (like in the case of a spill).

Thank you very much! I found screws and succesfully disassemble my keyboard! C:

Mods can close thread

Archived