Corsair Community

Is there a "fix" coming for synchronized rainbow wave?

Dajinn

Corsair Link has a rainbow wave sequential effect which does the rainbow along devices instead of on a singular device. This is a legit effect and I was sad to learn that in iCUE the rainbow wave sequential effect for syncing the effect across all RGB products is actually a color shift...oddly enough the iCUE product page shows this as well (if you go to it and click "Rainbow wave up", it's just a color shift not an actual wave...)

Was wondering if this was fixed and if not are there plans to?

How it works depends highly on the device. It runs correctly on devices like keyboard and mousepads. On fans and strips ... you're right; it looks like Color Shift.

Rainbow wave right/left does work properly on fans and strips. As for changing/fixing this ... I don't have any idea.

Corsair Link also had my favourite effect for strips that iCUE lost.

Rainbow Wave (Channel Effect).

Why didn't Corsair ported that specific effect into iCUE?

It looks like iCUE was downgrade for me instead of upgrade.

I bought the Corsair strips just for that effect.

You don't have the concept of a "Channel Effect" in iCue - it's handled completely differently because you have control over every single LED. That said, you can do a "Channel Effect" by selecting your effect (in this case, Rainbow Wave) and applying it to every LED in the lighting channel.

Archived