Corsair Community

Problems with my VOID RGB Wireless

ESMN

I've had my headset for roughly a year now, and it's starting to act up and annoy me.

First Issue:

When I power it on, it doesn't always connect. The female voice doesn't say "Powering On, Mic off" like it should, and NO audio comes out. I then have to hold the power to turn it off, and then turn it back on. This happens a couple times a day.

Second Issue:

When there's no sound being played, you can hear an annoying static sound coming out of the headset, it isn't loud.. but it's annoying

Third Issue:

When it is plugged in charging (right now it's charging through my K70), it keeps saying "Charging Battery", like it normally does when you first plug it in, however, it's been plugged in for awhile when it does it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Starting to consider canning it and buying another brand.

1. Double check and make sure the headset is set as the default playback device in Windows when the issue occurs.

3. Sounds like a loose connection, Tried a different microUSB to Type A cable?

It is the default device.

When it turns on it's not connecting to the USB dongle properly I think.

When your audio cuts out, does the dongle start blinking? Try moving the dongle to a different USB, preferably on the front IO panel of your case, and see if it keeps dropping.

It doesn't drop out.. My headset fails to turn on properly.

USB dongle is on the front of my case too.

What does the headset do when you turn it on? Does the InfoMic LEDs constantly flash?

Do you have any other wireless devices near the headset and dongle? Tried moving them away or the headset dongle away? Does that change anything?

No other wireless devices. Keyboard and mouse are both wired. Not using WiFi

But yea, when it doesn't connect or whatnot the InfoMic LED's constantly flash.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived